Applying for the CPP, PCI, PSP or APP
You will need:
- Your resume and an unofficial copy of your university transcript (if applicable).
- The names and contact information for three references who can verify your work experience
- The name of supervisor who can verify your employment
- Payment for the application and exam fees
Computer-Based Exam Fees
|CPP, PCI and PSP
$335 ASIS members
Retake fee: $225
$200 ASIS members
Retake fee: $150
If your application is approved and you fail to schedule and take the exam within the two-year eligibility (candidacy) period, you will forfeit both the application and testing fee.
Retaking the Exam
You may take the exam up to three times during your two-year eligibility year. There must be 90 days between each attempt. The fee to retake the exam is $225 for CPP, PCI and PSP. The retake fee for APP is $150.
If you fail the exam three times in your two-year eligibility period, you must reapply and pay the full fee.
If Your Application Is Denied
If your application is denied for any reason, you will receive a refund of your application fee minus a $135 nonrefundable processing fee.
See the Certification Handbook for submitting an appeal.
Lifetime Certification (Retired)
ASIS offers lifetime certification to certificants who:
- Hold a CPP, PCI, or PSP in good standing (e.g., not lapsed or expired)
- Have maintained a single certification for 12 consecutive years preceding the date of application
- Have retired (defined as complete cessation from any security-related employment or practice or representation of any such employment or practice) and have no legal, financial, or business interest with any form of security-related employment or practice, as defined by the applicable certification exam Domain
- Have paid the recertification fee for the current term