Applying for the CPP, PSP, PCI or APP
- Your resume and an unofficial copy of your university transcript (if applicable).
- The names and contact information for three references who can verify your work experience
- The name of supervisor who can verify your employment
- Payment for the application and exam fees
Computer-Based Exam Fees
|CPP, PCI and PSP
$335 ASIS members
Retake fee: $225
$200 ASIS members
Retake fee: $150
If your application is approved and you fail to schedule and take the exam within the two-year eligibility (candidacy) period, you will forfeit both the application and testing fee.
For locations at which no Prometric Test Center is available, ASIS offers internet-based exams. Current locations for IBT exams are Jamaica, Ecuador, Australia, Paraguay, and Panama.
Consult the Certification Handbook for information.
Retaking the Exam
You may take the exam up to three times during your two-year eligibility year. There must be 90 days between each attempt. The fee to retake the exam is $225 for CPP, PCI and PSP. The retake fee for APP is $150.
If you fail the exam three times in your two-year eligibility period, you must reapply and pay the full fee.
If Your Application Is Denied
If your application is denied for any reason, you will receive a refund of your application fee minus a $135 nonrefundable processing fee.
See the Certification Handbook for submitting an appeal.
Lifetime Certification (Retired)
ASIS offers lifetime certification to certificants who:
- Hold a CPP, PCI, or PSP in good standing (e.g., not lapsed or expired)
- Have maintained a single certification for 12 consecutive years preceding the date of application
- Have retired (defined as complete cessation from any security-related employment or practice or representation of any such employment or practice) and have no legal, financial, or business interest with any form of security-related employment or practice, as defined by the applicable certification exam Domain
- Have paid the recertification fee for the current term