ASIS International, the largest organization for security management professionals worldwide, and an American National Standards Institute-accredited Standards Developing Organization, is pleased to announce two new members of its Commission on Standards and Guidelines. The ASIS Commission on Standards and Guidelines is dedicated to advancing the practice of security management through the development of standards and guidelines within a voluntary, nonproprietary and consensus-based process, utilizing the knowledge, experience and expertise of ASIS membership, security professionals and the global security industry.
The two new members are William Daly, senior vice president and practice leader with Control Risks Consulting, and John Turey, CPP, manager of corporate security with ITT Corp.
Daly is responsible for managing and conducting a vast array of complex and sensitive projects from the application of advanced security technology for the protection of major corporate facilities to the evaluation of security programs and organizations. He has successful experience in the FBI of handling a variety of sensitive investigations, as well as bank robberies and terrorist bombings.
Turey is responsible for developing, implementing and leading corporate security strategy to include the advancement of business continuity and leading enterprise-wide continuity initiatives. John is an ASIS Council Vice President and also active in the Workplace Violence Prevention and Intervention Standards Committee, particularly Working Group # 5, “Integrating the Issue of Domestic Violence into Workplace Violence Prevention and Intervention Strategies.”
“The knowledge, skill and experience that both Bill and John possess will be a great asset to the Commission. By addressing specific concerns and issues, security standards and guidelines will better serve the needs of security professionals by increasing the effectiveness and productivity of security practices and solutions, as well as enhancing the professionalism of the industry,” said Commission Chairman F. Mark Geraci, CPP, vice president and chief security officer at Purdue Pharma L.P.
Returning members are:
- Commission Vice Chairman Michael Knoke, CPP, Director of Corporate Security, Express Scripts Inc.
- Jason L. Brown, National Security Director, Thales Australia
- Steven K. Bucklin, President/CEO, Glenbrook Security Services Inc.
- John C. Cholewa III, CPP
- Cynthia P. Conlon, CPP, President, Conlon Consulting Corp.
- Michael A. Crane, CPP, Executive Vice President & General Counsel, IPC International Corp.
- Eugene F. Ferraro; CPP, PCI, CFE; CEO, Business Controls Inc.
- Robert W. Jones, Operations Director, Socrates Ltd.
- John F. Mallon, CPP
- Dr. Marc H. Siegel, Commissioner, ASIS Global Standards Initiative
- Roger D. Warwick, CPP, Managing Director, Pyramid International