Raymond T. O’Hara, CPP, will serve as President in 2011 of ASIS International, the preeminent organization for security management professionals worldwide. O’Hara, Senior Vice President, Consulting and Investigations, Andrews International, Palm Desert, Calif., succeeds Joseph R. (“Bob”) Granger, CPP, who will become ASIS Chairman of the Board.
In their leadership positions, both O’Hara and Granger will also serve on the Board Management Committee of the Board of Directors. The Board Management Committee directs the activities of ASIS between meetings of the full Board. These volunteer leaders maintain the strategic continuity to the programs, products and services ASIS provides. The full 2011 ASIS Board Management Committee is comprised of five people:
- Raymond T. O’Hara, CPP
- Eduard J. Emde, CPP, President Elect; Manager Consultancy for Interseco; The Hague, The Netherlands.
- Geoffrey T. Craighead, CPP, Treasurer; Vice President, Universal Protection Services; Santa Ana, Calif.
- Richard E. Widup Jr., CPP, Secretary; Senior Director, Security Operations/Corporate Security for Purdue Pharma LP; Stamford, Conn.
- Joseph R. (“Bob”) Granger, CPP, Chairman of the Board; Security Director, United Space Alliance in Cape Canaveral, Fla.
The office of the Secretary was filled through an election by the 2011 Board of Directors on Oct. 12 at the ASIS International 56th Annual Seminar and Exhibits, held in Dallas, Texas, Oct. 11-15.
In August, two members were re-elected to serve on the 15-member Board of Directors for the 2011-2013 term. They are:
- Chad Callaghan, CPP, Vice President, Enterprise Loss Prevention, Marriott International Inc.; Washington, D.C.
- Dave N. Tyson, CPP, CISO, Pacific Gas and Electric; San Francisco, Calif.
In addition, three new members were elected in August to serve on the Board of Directors for the 2011-2013 term. They are:
- Brian J. Allen, Senior Director-Corporate Security, Time Warner Cable; Stamford, Conn.
- Edward G. Hallen, CPP, Manager, Safety and Security Services, Occidental Petroleum Corp; Los Angeles, Calif.
- Stephen Scharf, Senior Vice President and Global CISO, Experian; Costa Mesa, Calif.
The following members continue to serve on the ASIS Board of Directors:
- Marene Allison, World Wide Vice President of Information Security, Johnson & Johnson; New Brunswick, N.J.
- David C. Davis, CPP, Director, Division Security for Northrop Grumman; San Bernardino, Calif.
- Joseph H. McDonald, CPP, PSP, CSO, Switch Communications Group; Las Vegas, Nev.
- Richard Y. Yamamoto, CPP, Director, Corporate Security and Safety, Fannie Mae; Washington, D.C.
ASIS Board members serve a three-year term. The newly elected Board and officers will assume their positions on Jan. 1, 2011.