The CSO Roundtable
, a by-invitation-only group of ASIS International
that serves senior security executives in the world’s leading organizations, has announced its 2009 Advisory Board. Co-chairs are Regis W. Becker, CPP, Global Director of Security & Compliance, PPG Industries; and Don W. Walker, CPP, Chairman of Securitas Services USA. Additional board members include:
- Marene Allison, Vice President of Security, Medco
- Chad Callaghan, CPP, Vice President of Enterprise Loss Prevention, Marriott International
- Kevin P. Donovan, Vice President of Security, Johnson & Johnson
- Michael S. Frankovich, CPP, Director of Security, Spectra Energy Corporation
- Mark Hargraves, CPP, Head—Physical Protective Security, Asia Pacific, Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corp.
- Timothy T. Janes, CPP, Vice President of Corporate Security, Capital One Financial Corp.
- Petri J. Lillqvist, Director of Risk Management, Digita Oy
- Robert W. Rogalski, Corporate Director of Security & Safety, RAND Corp.
- Stephen Scharf, Senior Vice President and Global Chief Information Security Officer, Experian Inc.
- Timothy S. Weir, Director of Global Asset Protection, Accenture LLP
The CSO Roundtable of ASIS, the preeminent organization for security professionals worldwide, became its own membership organization in 2008 to win recognition for and enhance the standing of the CSO position; to assist CSOs in job performance, leadership, and professional development; and to develop the next generation of corporate CSOs. It fulfills this mission by creating networking opportunities, holding high-level conferences, and offering a password-protected Web site that delivers a discussion blog, hundreds of documents including a dynamic inventory of policies and procedures, and a number of free resources and tools provided by partners. The site also carries CSO-relevant news and a private-messaging function.
The Second Annual Spring Conference of the CSO Roundtable will be held in Washington, D.C., March 29-31, and will feature presentations and panels led by CSO Roundtable members and other business leaders.
These interactive discussions will tackle urgent issues and problems, such as what the global financial meltdown means for CSOs; how to groom a new generation of senior security personnel and ensure a smooth succession plan; how to navigate the complex labyrinth of global ethical issues; and how the biggest companies in the world approach enterprise risk management. Keynote speakers include political commentator and journalist Bill Kristol, and former Naval Commander Mike Abrashoff.
A recent special track at the ASIS Third Asia-Pacific Conference in Hong Kong drew enthusiastic reviews from dozens of global CSOs who attended.
There will also be a CSO Roundtable track at the ASIS 8th European Security Conference
on April 26, in Montreux, Switzerland.