Eager to attend the ASIS NYC 2017, but not sure how to ask your supervisor? On this page we have provided several helpful tips for you to demonstrate why ASIS NYC 2017 is an outstanding investment.
Write a letter to management
Here is a letter/email for you to provide to your supervisor to justify your conference attendance.
Dear [INSERT Decision Maker’s Name],
The ASIS 27th New York City Security Conference and Expo will take place June 7-8 in New York City. I believe my participation would bring new ideas and approaches to our organization, and significantly advance my professional development. I would like to request approval to attend this important security event.
The two day program offers:
- Education sessions addressing today’s hottest security issues
- Free access to the Expo featuring the newest products and services from 130+ solution providers
- Opportunities to network with over 2,500 peers from the public and private sectors
I intend to use the knowledge I gain to cost-effectively improve our security practices and to share this information with our department. I will also make available the conference materials to you and my colleagues. If you deem it valuable, I will create a brief presentation or report on the highlights of the event:
- Outlining the content of conference’s education sessions,
- Comparing exhibiting products and services that we should consider for our needs, and
- Listing the details of new contacts made at the event.
Specifically, I would like to attend the following sessions: [list the sessions]
In addition, I will meet with the following exhibitors that I believe offer solutions that can benefit our organization. [use the show planner to search by product type, company name]
A detailed cost breakdown is included below.
- Registration: [$xxx]
- Transportation: [$xxx]
- Hotel: [$xxx - see ASIS Housing Bureau for pricing]
- Miscellaneous: [$xx]
In the end, I think this opportunity will yield rich dividends in securing [INSERT your organization’s name] in the most efficient, practical, and effective way. Thank you again for your consideration.
[INSERT your typical signature]