August 2019 ASIS News
Print Issue: August 2019
An Open Exchange
Explore the future of security as part of an expo floor like no other at Global Security Exchange (GSX) 2019, to be held 8–12 September in Chicago, Illinois, USA.
Fashioned as a learning lab, the GSX exhibit hall features more than 550 of the industry’s most innovative companies in addition to the new GSX Disruption District—where you’ll experience multidimensional perspectives and cutting-edge solutions firsthand. Here are some highlights of the new Disruption District:
- X Learning Stages. Free, experiential sessions delivered at the X Learning Stages will tackle timely security topics and encourage discussion among attendees.
- GSX: D3: Drones, Droids, Defense. Whether in the air, on the ground, or underwater, unmanned robotics are changing the world as we know it. See demonstrations of the latest unmanned aircraft platforms, counter-UAS systems, and ground-based robots.
- Startup Sector—New in 2019! Looking for hot new products fresh out of the gate? Visit the Startup Sector—an area dedicated to new companies and emerging technologies.
- Innovative Product Awards (IPA). The GSX Innovative Product Awards recognize the security industry’s newest, most innovative products, services, and technology solutions. Hear from the industry’s innovation experts on the X-Stage on Wednesday, 11 September.
- Pitch Competition—New in 2019!At the GSX Pitch Competition, an elite group of entrepreneurs, investors, and industry leaders will hear from some of the world’s most exciting early-stage startups.
Don’t miss the GSX exhibit hall’s additional opportunities for professional development, networking, and fun, including:
- Career HQ. Résumé reviews, a headshot studio, career coaching, professional development sessions, and networking opportunities with employers and peers—all are free at Career HQ.
- International Lounge. Connect with peers and colleagues from around the globe to explore the trends and technologies driving the security profession. All international attendees are invited to stop by the International Lounge, where you will find private conference rooms for meetings and a place to recharge.
- ASIS Foundation Sharpshooter Competition—New in 2019! Compete for bragging rights and prizes as you test your shooting skills in the ASIS Foundation Sharpshooter Competition, sponsored by Smart Simulators and SB Tactical. Sign up online at GSX.org/ShotContest to guarantee your spot or drop by the Foundation Booth #2541 to check out the open play hours.
What’s more? Your access to the GSX exhibit hall is free when you register by 8 September. Learn more and register today at GSX.org/ASISNews.
Jamaica Chapter Boasts Six Triple Certificants
Jamaica is known for beautiful Caribbean beaches, majestic mountains, and reggae music. And now it has another wonder. The ASIS Caribbean Chapter has six members who have earned three ASIS certifications each: The Certified Protection Professional (CPP®), the Professional Certified Investigator (PCI®), and the Physical Security Professional (PSP®). Another six members have earned two certifications each, and nearly half of the 75 chapter members have at least one certification.
Only 212 members in the entire world currently hold all three certifications. Jamaica Chapter members Wayne Ballen, Anthony Bewry, Michael Jackson, and John Richards have held the three certifications for some time. Recently earning their third certification are Garth Gray of Guardsman Security, who also serves as an ASIS assistant regional vice president, and Warren Smith of the CSI Group, who also sits on the ASIS Security Services Council. Congratulations to all!