NEW COURSE FOR 2017
Protecting Small Businesses
Active shooter and workplace violence incidents have steadily increased and become more deadly over the past few years. In addition to the growing number of violent incidents, the number of casualties involved in these events is also growing at an alarming rate. It is a fact that soft targets (small businesses, hospitals, schools, sporting venues, movie theaters, restaurants, churches, shopping centers, bus and rail systems, etc.) are most frequently the target of such attacks. How can a soft target protect itself without creating a Fort Knox environment when it is not needed?
This program is designed to help soft targets identify low-cost, yet highly effective physical measures to deal with active threats and emergency situations. This course helps soft targets plan, develop, and manage an effective threat management program.
Instruction will cover the special needs for soft target planning as well as the response and recovery phases of an active shooter/threat incident or other emergency security situation. The class will also discuss how to deter a shooting attempt, detect warning behaviors, and prevent additional casualties, along with strategies that can be easily deployed by the organization to develop its own active threat management program.
- A strategy for soft targets to respond to threat events
- A personalized plan for an active threat management program
- A list of policies and procedures for an awareness program
- Tips on low cost physical security measures to protect the organization
Who Should Attend
- Security management professionals across all public and private sectors
- Anyone involved with design, specifications, implementation, operation, or maintenance of security systems, including those in specialties such as emergency management, business continuity planning, facility and infrastructure management, HR, and others
- Architects, designers, and integrators working on security project
If you are a small business owner or other “soft target” seeking low-cost options for protecting your people and the organization, this course was designed for you. Through a mix of lectures, realistic scenarios, table-top exercises, and other interactive learning methods, you will learn how to protect your organization – without creating a restrictive environment.
Upon completion, you will take away a personalized threat management plan with accompanying policies and procedures your organization can afford to implement – and cannot afford to be without.
Topics covered include:
- Introduction and statistics
- Behavioral indicators and threat management
- Developing a comprehensive program to manage threats to soft targets
- Policies and procedures that may affect threat levels within an organization
- Training and Awareness programs
- Threat Management exercises and drills
All attendees receive a complimentary copy of a book by Kevin T. Doss, CPP, PSP, and Charles Shepherd titled
Active Shooter: Preparing for and Responding to a Growing Threat.