Securing the Outdoor Construction Site: Strategy, Prevention, and Mitigation
Author: Kevin Wright Carney, CPP
Securing the Outdoor Construction Site: Strategy, Prevention, and Mitigation offers a holistic view of security planning for vulnerable capital projects, providing the strategic and tactical plans needed to protect large areas with a minimum investment in personnel and equipment. Every year, billions of dollars’ worth of equipment and materials are stolen from construction sites around the globe. This book is a one-stop reference that provides effective security strategies, methods, and tactics to mitigate the theft of equipment and how to avoid these incidents altogether.
In addition, the book outlines the true costs of construction site theft to organizations in terms of lost time, equipment, and brand reputation, along with increased insurance premiums and danger to personnel. It catalogs the types of theft that regularly occur at sites, explores their underlying causes, and documents their worldwide financial significance. Finally, readers will learn how to conduct a construction site survey with loss prevention in mind, and how to budget for the unexpected. Recognizing that losses can still occur no matter what security procedures are in place, the book provides an action plan for business recovery should a significant assets loss occur. The book concludes with several useful chapters on identifying construction equipment and a set of thorough and useful checklists for use in securing and inspecting constructions site.
- Provides complete guidelines for implementing a loss prevention program for any large outdoor construction project
- Offers proven strategies for minimizing capital loss and costly delays using a minimum number of personnel and security technologies
- Demonstrates how to develop proactive partnerships with law enforcement to stop theft before it occurs
- Includes the latest data on outdoor construction theft and its impact
- Draws on case studies and examples from around the world
Securing the Outdoor Construction Site: Strategy, Prevention, and Mitigation is a valuable resource for a wide range of professionals, including security executives, managers, and consultants, as well as construction and insurance professionals, law enforcement, and lawyers.
Item #: 2268
Publish Date: 2015