ASIS International publishes first revision in ten years to the security profession’s premier resource
Alexandria, VA (24 May 2021)—To keep pace with the ever-evolving security industry, ASIS International released an update to the Protection of Assets (POA) reference set. Refreshed to reflect our changing times and keep security professionals on the leading edge of best practices in the field, this collection is to assist security management directors and professionals responsible for corporate asset protection.
This refreshed reference set, which was first published in 1974, constitutes recommended reading for all four of ASIS’s certifications. Teams of subject matter experts across the security continuum volunteered to write, edit, and update the POA—including Tim Sutton, CPP, senior security consultant, Guidepost Solutions.
“Since its first iteration, the POA is and has been the ultimate reference for the security profession,” says Sutton. “I have used the POA as an encyclopedia for security, referencing it for countless projects across all industry verticals—including healthcare, commercial real estate, education, manufacturing, and cannabis. The latest version addresses modern challenges and practices, making it now more than ever the go-to reference for the security industry.”
Available individually or as a bundle, the POA includes vital learning on the following aspects of asset protection:
- Business Principles, including the fundamentals of security business operations, management, and leadership.
- Crisis Management, including emergency management, business continuity, and crisis communications.
- Personnel, including security officer operations, employee drug testing, executive protection, and spotting problem behavior.
- Physical Security, including design principles and practices, tools and techniques to satisfy protection objectives, and practical project management guidance.
- Investigations, including interviews and interrogations, undercover investigations, due diligence, preemployment background screening, evidence collection, and expert testimony.
- Security Management, including theft and fraud prevention, security standards, loss reporting, methods, and enterprise security risk management (ESRM).
ASIS members can enjoy a discount of $200 off the list price and free global shipping on the softcover bundle. Learn more about the Protection of Assets at asisonline.org/PoA.
About ASIS International
Founded in 1955, ASIS International is the world's largest membership organization for security management professionals. With hundreds of chapters across the globe, ASIS is recognized as the premier source for learning, networking, standards, and research. Through its board certifications, award-winning Security Management magazine, and Global Security Exchange (formerly the Annual Seminar and Exhibits)—the most influential event in the profession—ASIS ensures its members and the security community have access to the intelligence and resources necessary to protect their people, property, and information assets. Learn more about the work we do at www.asisonline.org.