Online experience redefines virtual events and elevates industry education
Alexandria, VA (21 September 2020)—ASIS International, the world's largest association for security management professionals, opens their annual conference today on an entirely new virtual platform to provide maximum value for association members during the unprecedented global pandemic.
The new virtual experience, branded GSX+, builds on the annual Global Security Exchange (GSX) event and promises to be the largest virtual gathering of global security professionals. GSX+ is delivering a fully virtual experience that includes CPE-eligible education sessions, a robust Marketplace (virtual exhibit hall), and lively peer-to-peer networking. The event will continue through 25 September, featuring an extensive program with 140+ education sessions and daily keynote presentations. The show kicks off today with a General Session presentation by Juan Manuel Santos, two-term President of Columbia and recipient of the 2016 Nobel Peace Prize.
“GSX+ is truly a virtual experience unlike anything the security industry has experienced before,” says Godfried Hendriks, CPP, 2020 President, ASIS International Global Board of Directors. “The global pandemic challenged us, so we responded by seizing the opportunity to provide new value. For example, every educational session will be recorded and made available for attendees on-demand 24/7. Unlike previous in-person events, this change means that every attendee, no matter their travel restrictions or time zone, will be able to see and learn from every offered session. We are excited about every element of this new virtual event, and we hope that attendees will also seize this opportunity to experience all the possibilities. Only ASIS has the experience, global reach, and expertise of its members to convene a virtual event of this magnitude and quality.”
The following keynote presentations are scheduled for Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday at GSX+ this week:
- + 22 September: Embracing the Future: Strategies for Building Resilience and Innovation
- Presented by Dr. Ilham Kadri, CEO of Solvay, and Werner Cooreman, CPP, PSP, Senior Vice President – Group Security Director of Solvay
- + 23 September: Leading in Turbulent Times
- Presented by General Stanley McChrystal, 4-star General and former Commander of U.S. and International forces in Afghanistan
- + 24 September: The Future of Cybersecurity
- Presented by Keren Elazari, CISSP, Security Analyst, Researcher, and Public Speaker
The GSX+ educational lineup includes 140+ scheduled and on-demand sessions across five tracks: National Security, Physical and Operational Security, Risk Management, Digital Transformation/ Information Security, and Leadership and Managing within Organizations. All-Access attendees can earn up to 25 CPEs and will be able to access education sessions through 31 December.
GSX+ also offers numerous opportunities for peer networking, including virtual receptions, awards celebrations, and even the famous ASIS Break Room. Here are a few of the planned events:
- + Today, 3:30 ET: Join the Welcome Reception, which will feature a Rock & Roll Game Show for GSX+ attendees where music is central. Join the fun with renowned musician-MCs – they’ll keep the entertainment going so you can focus on relaxing and connecting.
- + 22 September, 3:30 pm ET: ASIS Women in Security and Young Professionals Happy Hour
- + 23 September, 3:30 pm ET: GSX+ Military and Law Enforcement Appreciation Day
- + 24 September, 3:30 pm ET: President’s Reception
- + 25 September, 12:25 pm ET: Awards Celebration
- + 24/7: The ASIS Break Room
About Global Security Exchange Plus (GSX+)
Taking place 21-25 September 2020, Global Security Exchange has been the world’s most comprehensive event for security professionals worldwide for more than 65 years, dedicated to addressing fast-paced changes across the industry with a focus on immersive learning, revitalized networking, and a reimagined online marketplace. Attendance at GSX+ directly supports scholarship programs and the development of education, certification, and standards and guidelines year-round. ASIS International remains dedicated to expanding and enriching knowledge sharing, best practices, and peer-to-peer connections so security professionals across disciplines—and at all stages of their career—can get access to the information and resources they need to succeed. For information, visit www.GSX.org
About ASIS International
Founded in 1955, ASIS International is the world's largest membership organization for security management professionals. With hundreds of chapters across the globe, ASIS is recognized as the premier source for learning, networking, standards, and research. Through its board certifications, award-winning Security Management magazine, and Global Security Exchange (formerly the Annual Seminar and Exhibits)—the most influential event in the profession—ASIS ensures its members and the security community have access to the intelligence and resources necessary to protect their people, property, and information assets. Learn more about the work we do at www.asisonline.org.