Co-located event adds to already record-breaking security education lineup
Alexandria, VA (August 1, 2018)—ASIS International, the world’s largest association of security management professionals, today announced that Cyber Security Summit will co-locate with Global Security Exchange (GSX), expanding the depth of cyber education in the blockbuster GSX conference program. In the first year of its rebrand following a 63-year history as the ASIS Annual Seminar and Exhibits, GSX—the security industry’s flagship event—is expected to attract more than 20,000 operational and cyber security professionals and 550 exhibitors to the Las Vegas Convention Center, Sept. 23-27.
The Cyber Security Summit, taking place Sept. 26-27, brings together top government, industry, and academia thought leaders to exchange ideas and engage in a dialogue to improve the state of cybersecurity. The event provides an annual review of what has happened over the past year, an update on current cyber trends, and most importantly a preview of what organizations need to prepare for in the future.
“When it was founded in 2011, the Cyber Security Summit was among the first national events to highlight the challenges posed by cyber threats,” said Richard E. Chase, CPP, PCI, PSP, 2018 President, ASIS International. “The inclusion of this event is a significant value-add to an already record-breaking conference program. Our attendees gain access to insights from Fortune 500 CISOs and high-level government leaders that aren’t just talking about cybersecurity—they are doing it.”
The Cyber Security Summit joins event partners InfraGard and ISSA, as well as dozens of supporting organizations representing a range of industry verticals, for the world’s most comprehensive security event. Revamped in 2017, the GSX “Supporting Organizations” program has swelled in size and reflects ASIS’ commitment to unite the full spectrum of security.
- Anti-Counterfeit & Currency Expo
- Association of Certified Financial Crime Specialists (ACFCS)
- Building Industry Consulting Service International (BICSI)
- CANASA NEW
- Coalition of UAS Professionals
- Document Security Alliance (DSA)
- Fraternal Order of Investigators (FOI) NEW
- Global Business Travel Association (GBTA)
- Hostage USA
- International Association for Healthcare Safety and Security (IAHSS)
- International Association of Financial Crime Investigators (IAFCI) NEW
- International Association of Professional Security Consultants (IAPSC)
- International Association of Security Awareness Professionals (IASAP)
- International Association of Venue Management (IAVM)
- International Critical Incident Stress Foundation (ICISF)
- International Facility Management Association (IFMA)
- International Foundation for Protection Officers (IFPO)
- International Organization of Black Security Executives (IOBSE)
- International Wireless Communications Expo
- Loss Prevention Foundation
- Military Police Regimental Association (MPRA)
- National Association of Security Companies (NASCO)
- National Association of School Resource Officers (NASRO)
- NCMS: The Society for Industrial Security Professionals NEW
- Overseas Security Advisory Council (OSAC)
- Physical Security Interoperability Alliance (PSIA)
- PSA Security Network
- Secure Technology Alliance NEW
Register for GSX by Aug. 10 to save $100 on your All-Access pass. To learn more and to register, visit www.GSX.org.
About Global Security Exchange
Entering its 64th year, Global Security Exchange (formerly the ASIS International Annual Seminar & Exhibits) is the most comprehensive event for security professionals worldwide, dedicated to addressing fast-paced changes across the industry with a focus on immersive learning, revitalized networking, and a reimagined exhibit floor.
Attendance at GSX directly supports scholarship programs and the development of education, certification, and standards and guidelines year-round. ASIS International remains dedicated to expanding and enriching knowledge sharing, best practices, and peer-to-peer connections so security professionals across disciplines—and at all stages of their career—can get access to the information and resources they need to succeed. For information, visit www.GSX.org.
About ASIS International
Founded in 1955, ASIS International is the world's largest membership organization for security management professionals. With hundreds of chapters across the globe, ASIS is recognized as the premier source for learning, networking, standards, and research. Through its board certifications, award-winning Security Management magazine, and Global Security Exchange (formerly the Annual Seminar and Exhibits)—the most influential event in the profession—ASIS ensures its members and the security community have access to the intelligence and resources necessary to protect their people, property, and information assets. Learn more about the work we do at www.asisonline.org.