Security expert, Ernie Hayden, PSP, offers an in-depth look at protecting critical infrastructure.
Alexandria, VA (21 June 2021)—ASIS International, the world’s largest association for security management professionals, today announced that Critical Infrastructure Risk Assessment: The Definitive Threat Identification and Threat Reduction Handbook by Ernie Hayden, PSP (Rothstein Publishing) was selected as its 2021 ASIS Security Industry Book of the Year.
“Critical Infrastructure Risk Assessment is the culmination of author Ernie Hayden's decades of experience assessing and protecting the can't-fail organizations responsible for national security and public safety,” said Dr. Jennifer Hesterman, chair of the ASIS Book of the Year committee. “As threats to critical infrastructure abound and evolve, risks must be continuously evaluated and security planning and activities tailored accordingly. This extremely well-written and easy-to-digest book is mandatory reading for everyone working in a critical infrastructure sector, from seasoned managers to new employees on the front lines.”
The ASIS Security Industry Book of the Year is selected by a panel of ASIS members who review member-authored titles using criteria including relevancy to today’s security threats, importance of the subject in the field, and the uniqueness of the coverage of a new security concept, idea or technology. Runners-up for the 2021 award include Effective Security Management, 7th edition by Charles Sennewald and Curtis Baillie and Cybersecurity Law, Standards and Regulations, 2nd Edition by Tari Schreider.
Previous ASIS Book of the Year winners include:
- 2020: Strategic Security: Forward Thinking for Successful Executives, Jean Perois, CPP
- 2019: Soft Target Hardening: Protecting People from Attack (2nd Edition), Jennifer Hesterman, PhD.
- 2018: The Five Technological Forces Disrupting Security, Steve Van Till
- 2017: Managing Critical Incidents and Large-Scale Event Security, Eloy Nuñez and Ernest G. Vendrell, CPP
- 2016: Risk Analysis and Security Countermeasure Selection (2nd Edition), Thomas L. Norman, CPP, PSP
- 2015: Soft Target Hardening: Protecting People from Attack (1st Edition), Jennifer Hesterman, Ph.D.
- 2014: Crisis Management and Emergency Planning: Preparing for Today’s Challenges, Michael J. Fagel, Ph.D.
To learn more about how you can be considered for next year’s ASIS Security Industry Book of the Year, please email [email protected].
About ASIS International
Founded in 1955, ASIS International is the world's largest membership organization for security management professionals. With hundreds of chapters across the globe, ASIS is recognized as the premier source for learning, networking, standards, and research. Through its board certifications, award-winning Security Management magazine, and Global Security Exchange (formerly the Annual Seminar and Exhibits)—the most influential event in the profession—ASIS ensures its members and the security community have access to the intelligence and resources necessary to protect their people, property, and information assets. Learn more about the work we do at www.asisonline.org.