Alexandria, VA—ASIS International, the world’s largest association for security management professionals, has announced that Richard E. Chase, CPP, PCI, PSP, will serve as its 2018 president. Chase will be the Society’s 63rd president, succeeding Thomas J. Langer, CPP, who will serve as 2018 chairman of the board.
In addition, at the society's annual conference, Sept. 25-28 in Dallas, TX, the results of the recent board election were announced. Members re-elected incumbents Jaime P. Owens, CPP, and John A. Petruzzi, CPP, and elected Ann Trinca, CPP, PCI, PSP and Darren Nielsen, CPP, PCI, PSP to the 17-member board.
“These individuals bring a deep commitment to the Society, as well as diverse professional expertise to their leadership roles” said Peter J. O’Neil, CAE, chief executive officer, ASIS International. “Their varied perspectives will ensure ASIS is well-positioned to meet the needs of our global membership.”
The 2018 ASIS International Board of Directors
- President: Richard E. Chase, CPP, PCI, PSP, Vice President Security, General Atomics, San Diego, California
- President-Elect: Christina Duffey, CPP, Senior Vice President-Regional Director, Midwest Operations, SOS Security, LLC, Phoenix, Arizona
- Treasurer: Godfried Hendriks, CPP, Managing Consultant, GOING Consultancy B.V., Alkmaar, Netherlands
- Secretary: John A. Petruzzi, Jr., CPP, Vice President, Integrated Security Solutions, G4S North America and Technology, New York, New York*
- Chairman of the Board: Thomas J. Langer, CPP, Vice President Security, BAE Systems, Arlington, Virginia
- Charles E. “Chuck” Andrews, CPP, Chairman of the Board, Friends of Chuck, Houston, Texas
- Howard J. Belfor, CPP, President, Belfor & Associates, Black Mountain, NC
- Michael R. Bouchard, CPP, Chief Security Officer, Janus Global Operations, Inc., Vienna, Virginia
- Gail M. Essen, CPP, PSP, President, Professional Security Advisors, Andover, Minnesota
- Radek Havlis, CPP, Central and Eastern Europe Regional Security Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Prague, Czech Republic
- Jeffrey J. Lee, CPP, Principal Consultant, Industrial Security Operations, Saudi Aramco, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
- Richard F. “Rik” Lisko, CPP, Security Manager, North America & Latin America, Willis Watson Towers, Dallas, Texas
- Timothy McCreight, CPP, Director, Strategic Alliances, Hitachi Systems Security, Calgary, Canada
- Darren T. Nielsen, CPP, PCI, PSP, Manager, Physical & Cyber Security Audits & Investigations, Western Electricity Coordinating Council (WECC), Salt Lake City, Utah
- Jaime P. Owens, CPP, Security Branch Manager, Panama Canal, Panama City, Panama
- Malcolm C. Smith, CPP, Head of Risk Management, Qatar Museums Authority, Doha, Qatar
- Ann Trinca, CPP, PCI, PSP, Senior Vice President, SecTek, Reston, Virginia
* The office of the Secretary was filled through an election by the Board of Directors on September 25 at the ASIS International 63rd Annual Seminar and Exhibits in Dallas
The newly elected Board will assume their positions on January 1, 2018.
About ASIS International
Founded in 1955, ASIS International is the world’s largest membership organization for security management professionals. With hundreds of chapters across the globe, ASIS is recognized as the premier source for learning, networking, standards, and research. Through its board certifications, award-winning Security Management magazine, and Annual Seminar and Exhibits—the most influential event in the profession—ASIS ensures its members and the security community have access to the intelligence and resources necessary to protect their people, property, and information assets. Learn more about the work we do at www.asisonline.org.