ASIS International's 34 councils represent the security industry's foremost subject matter experts in each council's domain. From the Economic Crime Council to the Healthcare Security Council, and from the Physical Security Council to the Information Technology Security Council, each council shapes its field and drives global discussion about its focus.
Many councils keep ASIS members up-to-date on their efforts through the release of quarterly newsletters. The following recent newsletters share insights on the 63rd Annual Seminar and Exhibits in Dallas, TX, USA, and share important council developments and accomplishments.
- The Banking and Financial Services Council newsletter discusses the plausibility, impacts, and risks of implementing facial recognition software in banking institutions.
- The Military Liaison Council newsletter details the council's activity at ASIS 2017 and looks ahead to its upcoming transition of leadership.
- The Young Professionals Council newsletter features a message from ASIS International CEO Peter O'Neil, providing networking and career management advice.
- The Healthcare Security Council newsletter (and its accompanying Spanish language version) updates its readers on the accomplishments of the council's members and the advancements they are making in the security field.
- The Retail Loss Prevention Council newsletter offers perspectives into the changing landscape of retail and the security challenges that these changes introduce.