ASIS has issued a call for experts to review the Conformity Assessment and Auditing Management Systems for Quality of Private Security Company Operations (ANSI/ASIS PSC.2-2012).
PSC.2 provides requirements for bodies providing auditing and third-party certification of private security company operations, including requirements and guidance on the management of audit programs, conduct of internal or external audits of the management system and private security company operations, as well as on competence and evaluation of auditors.
Launched in 2012, the PSC.2 Standard:
- Is a sector specific standard based on the ISO/IEC 17021:2011 Conformity assessment -- Requirements for bodies providing audit and certification of management systems
- Provides requirements and guidance for independent Certification Bodies conducting conformity assessment of the standard ANSI/ASIS PSC.1-2012, Management System for Quality of Private Security Company Operations – Requirements with Guidance
- Builds on the existing ISO/IEC conformity assessment process to address the need for civil society organizations, local communities and clients to be assured that the assessment process is both thorough and credible
- Provides requirements and criteria for the competence and evaluation of auditors
- Provides confidence and information to internal and external stakeholders that the requirements of the ANSI/ASIS PSC.1-2012 are being met
- Provides a mechanism for civil society organizations, local communities and clients to address issues that might arise regarding certification of a PSC
- Assures all PSCs are evaluated using a defined, repeatable, equal and transparent process without surprises
- Can also be used by PSCs to develop their internal auditing programs to evaluate their performance and drive continual improvement.
Committee formation will be open until 7 September. If you are interested in joining the committee or have any questions, email [email protected].