We are living in turbulent times. People, property, intellectual assets, and critical infrastructure are all under attack. We all need to get smarter quicker.
The editors of Security Management wanted to share their list of helpful resources—offering practical insights and context to many of the most pressing issues security professionals are facing today: from crisis management to agile decision-making to managing civil unrest and cyberattacks. These resources can help you and your organization navigate the most turbulent of times.
Managing Security in Combat Zones
- Requirements with Guidance: Management System for Quality of Private Security Company Operations
This Standard builds on the Montreux Document and the International Code of Conduct for private security service providers to provide requirements and guidance for private security company operations consistent with respect for human rights, legal obligations, and good practices in conditions where governance and the rule of law have been undermined by conflict or disasters.
This document is available for free for ASIS members.
Protection of Cultural Assets
- Protection of Assets: Online Information Sources for Investigations
- Open Intelligence and the Evolving Threat
- Getting Proactive with Protective Intelligence
- Unraveling the OSINT Oxymoron
- Fake News, Real Threats
- Corporate Resilience: How to Anticipate Mass Protest and Disruption
- Global Civil Unrest Challenges Security Professionals
- In Case of Crisis, Build Community
Crisis Management/Emergency Preparedness
- Embassy Evacuations
- Enabling Agile Decisions in a Rapidly Evolving Risk Environment
- In Crisis Communication, Start with Empathy
Critical Infrastructure Protection
- UN Warns Ukraine Food Crisis is ‘Catastrophe on Top of a Catastrophe’
- Cyber Pulls the Plug: Reflections from Ukraine's 2015 Cyber Attack
- Power Play: Resilience & Infrastructure
- Spies in the Supply Chain
- Ukrainian Refugee Crisis Raises Human Trafficking Concerns
- Training Security Guards to Identify Sex Trafficking Victims
- COVID Effects Let Trafficking Flourish
- Bonded Labor Threatens Supply Chains
- Building the Foundation of Effective Communication: Trust
- Protection of Assets: Developing Effective Crisis Communications Plans
- Managing Stress, Leading, and Serving Through Crises
- Safety and Security: Building Relationships For Effective Management