ASIS International expresses our deepest concern for the safety and well-being of our members and their families who find themselves in the midst of war. We continue to communicate with our volunteer leadership in the region to determine what their needs are and how we may meet those needs. Already chapters and individuals have made contributions to this end.
Now, more than ever, the world must come together, as the war in Ukraine threatens decades of peace and prosperity. The Ukrainians must be free to determine their own future. This is their human right.
The unprovoked and unjustified attacks on the people of Ukraine proves that the peace and prosperity we all strive for should never be taken for granted and we all have more work to do.
We stand united against war.
As an organization that serves to inform, educate, and connect security professionals across the globe, we believe it is of paramount importance to resolve the current situation in Ukraine.
ASIS International is committed to supporting our members and their families and continue to seek ways to do so. To this end, we have made a donation of $10,000 to the Ukraine Humanitarian Fund. If you are interested in supporting urgently needed food, water, and shelter, for Ukrainians, please visit https://unfoundation.org/.
We also encourage others in a position to make a donation to contribute to reputable organizations assisting those impacted by the most by this war, including:
- UNICEF: UNICEF is supporting health, nutrition, safe drinking water, sanitation and protection for children and families caught in the conflict in Ukraine.
- Medecins Sans Frontieres/Doctors Without Borders: MSF is conducting a range of activities in Ukraine to help people travel to health care facilities and access prescribed medications.
- International Committee of the Red Cross: The Switzerland-based international organization seeks to help people affected by the conflict and support the work of the Ukrainian Red Cross.
- Save the Children: The London-based organization helps deliver essential humanitarian aid to vulnerable children in Ukraine and around the world.
- Ukraine Humanitarian Fund: The Ukraine Humanitarian Fund is one of the UN's country-based pooled funds. Contributions are collected into a single, unearmarked fund and managed locally under UN leadership.
- UN Refugee Agency: The international organization is providing emergency assistance to families in Ukraine, including cash assistance and opportunities for resettlement.
- World Central Kitchen: World Central Kitchen (WCK) is serving thousands of fresh meals to Ukrainian families fleeing their homes as well as those who remain in the country.
- Voices of Children: The charitable foundation of this organization is helping to provide psychological and psychosocial support to children affected by the Ukrainian conflict.
ACCESS MID-CRISIS MANAGEMENT RESOURCES
Previous statement, published 25 February 2022
This week ASIS International has watched with the world as the unimaginable occurs in Europe. We would like to express our deep, sincere thanks and appreciation to all members of ASIS International around the world who are working tirelessly to ensure their staff in the region are safe and healthy, and for ensuring those that want to leave Ukraine have been able to do so safely.
We have sent letters of support to our volunteer leadership in our Ukraine and Russia Chapters and we will continue to provide aggregated security related news to our members, along with whatever products, services, and resources that we have in order to continue to support the incredible work of our members who are working so hard.