Our partners at the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Office of Intelligence & Analysis (I&A) and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) have launched the 2018 Public-Private Analytic Exchange Program (AEP). The AEP facilitates collaborative partnerships between members of the private sector and teams of experienced U.S government analysts to form subcommittees that work to create joint analytic products of interest to both the private sector and the U.S. government.
This year the 2018 AEP brought together nine topic teams of 110 participants total from the Intelligence Community, other federal government agencies, fusion centers, state and local governments, and the private sector; which also includes the 2017 AEP “Going Dark” topic team completing Phase Two of their research. Phase Two teams are those that address a different perspective of the original topic and request to remain an additional cycle to further explore the topic. Additionally, it is essential to note that for 2018 there are nine critical infrastructure sectors represented that include: Commercial Facilities, Communications, Critical Manufacturing, Defense Industrial Base, Energy, Financial Services, Food and Agriculture, Government Facilities, Healthcare and Public Health, and Information Technology. The topic teams will present their deliverables at the AEP Concluding Summit in July 2018. Please save the date to join us on 26 July 2018, in McClean VA—more information to follow.
The 2018 topics are:
- Artificial Intelligence – Using Standards to Mitigate Risks
- Cyber Resilience and Response
- Developments in Global Energy Markets and U.S. National Security
- Emerging Technologies and National Security
- Threats to Pharmaceutical Supply Chains
- Threats to Precision Agriculture
- Using Blockchain to store and protect data and systems
- Vulnerabilities of Healthcare Information Technology Systems
- Going Dark – Impact to Intelligence and Mitigation (Phase II Team)
Anyone with strong expertise in any of the above areas may contact [email protected] to determine if or how they may assist the current teams. DHS will be seeking topic ideas for the 2019 AEP in June 2018. View final analytic deliverables from previous years.