ASIS has various resources and networks aimed at supporting professionals and organizations' efforts to cultivate a stronger and more talented workforce through diversity, equity, and inclusion. A variety of these resources are exclusive to members, including communities, in-person networking and educational events, webinars, and more.
ASIS is proud to highlight the communities that celebrate DE&I values and see differences and different perspectives as strengths and benefits for the security industry.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Community
- NextGen Community
- Women in Security Community
- Professional Development Community
Education & Events
Recent and future educational and networking events hosted by ASIS International strive to make these events more inclusive and diversify attendance.
Leadership Exchange invites new ideas and developing goals that support your role and how it intersects with ASIS initiatives. This multi-day event is entirely virtual and invite-only. Previous Leadership Exchanges have highlighted evolving DE&I efforts, such as in 2022 with the announcement of a new DE&I toolkit for security officers. Leadership Exchange 2023 will feature a session on 2 February, "Empowering Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Security - ASIS Foundation 2022 Research Report."
- "Best of GSX 2022: Boosting Security Leadership through DE&I Strategy." Learn how DE&I initiatives support better leadership with this curated package of GSX recordings. 6 CPE
- "Best of GSX 2021: How to Demonstrate Security Leadership." Continue to grow your leadership skills in the areas of change leadership, mental health, presentation skills, and more. 5 CPE
Membership & Certification
- $120.00 Emerging Market Level 1 - list of countries
- $90.00 Emerging Market Level 2 - list of countries
ASIS also instituted reduced certification fee rates for emerging markets, beginning in January 2022. To make certification exams more accessible, the organization covers the cost of special accommodations and is committed to ensuring that in-person testing sites are ADA compliant. The organization will continue offering remote learning and testing. Between August 2020 and June 2021, 35% of individuals taking a certification test did so remotely. Presently, each of the four certifications exams can be taken either in English or Spanish.
- Vashita Mehra, CPP, PCI, PSP
- Malcolm C. Smith, CPP
- Maria Teresa Septien, CPP
- The Value of ASIS Membership
- "Managing the Fear: Leveraging Emotional Intelligence to Help Fearful Clients Manage Crises," March 2021. Learn key behavioral techniques to help support, calm and redirect clients to eliminate paralyzing fear and improve sound decision making during crisis situations. 1 CPE.
- "ASIS Europe: Soft Skills for Tough People," ASIS Europe 2019. Learn what soft skills are essential to lead in today's uncertain environment. 0.5 CPE.
- "ROI on Women in Security Leadership - Why Female Leaders are Good Business." Learn where and how DEI perspectives and initiatives intersect in promoting female leadership and contribute to tangible and intangible ROIs for businesses. 1 CPE
- "CSO Event: Realizing the Diversity Dividend in Corporate Security." This session will share the results of ASIS Foundation research conducted by The Clarity Factory on DE&I in corporate security, share latest best practices, and offer practical advice to corporate security leaders on how they can realize the diversity dividend within their organizations. 1 CPE