ASIS is proud to offer several opportunities to learn about how DE&I intersects with the security industry.
ASIS hosts several reports and ebooks in its bookstore, including:
- Empowering Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Corporate Security; by Rachel Briggs, OBE, and Paul Sizemore, The Clarity Factory; ASIS Foundation; 2023
- Introduction to Security, by Dr. Robert Fischer, Edward Halibozek, and David Walters; 10th edition; 2018
- Security in 2025; edited by Lawrence Fennelly, Mark Beaudry, CPP, and Marianna Perry, CPP; 2017
- Soft Targets and Crisis Management: What Emergency Planners and Security Professionals Need to Know; by Dr. Michael Fagel and Dr. Jennifer Hesterman; CRC Press; 2016
- The Effective Security Officer's Training Manual; by Ralph F. Brislin, CPP; 3rd edition; 2014
ASIS's magazine, Security Management, has numerous articles highlighting such matters. While you can search for and bookmark additional Security Management articles through the website, some notable articles include:
- "Where Does DE&I Stand in the Security Industry?" by Claire Meyer; January 2023.
- "Out and at Risk: Protecting LGBTQ+ and Other Minority Travelers," by Sara Mosqueda; November/December 2022.
- "Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Physical Security: Why it Matters," by Cameron Khani; November 2022.
- "Leveraging DE&I to Empower Organizational Competitive Advantage," by Robert Baggett, CPP, PCI, PSP; May/June 2022.
- "Job Candidates Hunting for Workplace Safety, Flexibility, and Diversity," by Roy Maurer; July 2021.
- "Embracing True Diversity in Times of Crisis," by Alexandra Hoffman; February 2021.
- "How to Avoid Eight Diversity Recruiting Mistakes," by Roy Maurer; October 2020.
Other publications and resources can be seen on the ASIS Blog, including:
- Tips for Managers to Empower Women Security Professionals
- Leadership Series: Inclusive Conversations
- Young Professionals Rebrand to NextGEN
- Inclusive Conversations: Black History Month
As a professional association, ASIS offers the opportunity to continue improving and learning. ASIS webinars and webinar packages cover a variety of topics, with viewers earning CPE credits upon completion. Webinars related to DE&I matters include:
- "Field Tested: Strengthening Your GSOC With an Intelligence-Driven Approach." Ensure your corporate security program can handle current challenges by examining GSOC vulnerabilities from a lack of an intel-fed and ops-led strategy. 1 CPE
- "Diversity in Intelligence and Security: More than just an Asset." Understand the need for corporate security and intelligence functions to foster genuine and sustainable diversity, from recruitment, to hiring, to leadership development and promotion. 1 CPE
- "Understanding and Preventing Extremism in the Workplace." Learn to recognize indicators of extremism in the workforce, while allowing space for diverse opinions, and preventing conflict and potential violence in the workplace. 1 CPE
- "Gender-Based Violence and Its Impact on Human Security." Learn to identify and define gender-based violence and understand its impact on human security. 1 CPE
- "Keeping Intolerance, Racism, and Xenophobia Out of the Workplace - Best Practices for Security Professionals." Learn key steps security professionals can take to both maintain a diverse work culture and prevent the forces of intolerance from obtaining any kind of company foothold. 1 CPE
While ASIS is committed to supporting its professionals and promoting the value of the security industry, other organizations and efforts focus more on DE&I efforts. If you would like to learn more about how and why DE&I can impact your organization, we recommend starting with some of the following sites:
- "Diversity wins: How inclusion matters" - McKinsey
- "How to Develop a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Initiative" - The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- "What is? DE&I" - LinkedIn
- "Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Cybersecurity" - (ISC)2
- "2022 Deloitte Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Transparency Report" - Deloitte