With planning beginning for returning to work and reopening facilities, consideration must be given as to what physical security measures are necessary and beneficial to protect the health and safety of employees, visitors, and others who may soon be granted access on premises. Once business operations resume, the road to recovery will involve a series of overlapping policies, procedures, and technology solutions to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. In this webinar, presented jointly by ASIS International and Security Industry Association (SIA), panelists will discuss a risk-based approach to infectious disease response planning and propose a series of enhanced physical security measures that can assist organizations in protecting key areas of their facilities. This presentation will also explore potential legal implications for employers and facility owners/operators within a continuously shifting threat landscape.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Understand infectious disease response planning and how current facility security measures and technologies may have to adapt to COVID-19.
- Learn how the facilities themselves may be altered and renovated to support infectious disease risks.
- Discuss what current and new technologies are available to support infectious disease hardening.
- Review proper protocols for policy development, documentation, and record keeping.
- Discuss key considerations in risk-based decision making.
- Review legal and regulatory statutes that may potentially impact facility operations during the COVID-19 recovery phase.
Completion of this webinar is eligible for 1 CPE credit. Self-reporting CPE credits is required.
- Mark Schreiber, CPP, CPD, President & Principal Consultant, Safeguards Consulting, Inc.
- Akmal Ali, J.D., Founder & CEO, Aluma Risk
- Susan Kohn Ross, Partner, through her professional corporation, Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp LLP
Note: Speakers and content are subject to change without notice.
Cancellation and Transfer Policy
For a full refund or transfer credit, written requests must be received by ASIS at least three business days before the start date of the program. Those received less than three days prior will be charged a $25 cancellation/transfer fee.
Transfers will be limited to a maximum of two per original registration. No refunds or transfers are made for requests received on or after the start date. Contact us or fax your request to ASIS Member Services at +1.703.519.6298.
Please note that online subscriptions and downloadable products are nonrefundable, nontransferable.
Gain access to all live and on-demand webinars for 2021—a minimum of 20 CPE-accredited programs on topics such as active shooter, ESRM, workplace violence, DE&I, and business continuity—PLUS the complete 2020 on-demand catalog for one low subscription fee. With content delivered by security experts who have proven expertise in their field, ASIS webinar content is relevant to the work you do as a practitioner every day. Build your security knowledge—or enable team training—by staying informed, efficiently and affordably.
$149 member | $199 nonmember