Sponsored by Resolver | Sponsored by IT Security Council
Now available on demand | Earn up to 1 CPE CREDIT | $0 cost for Webinar Subscribers
The role of a corporate security professional is complicated. You know that your job has been done when no one knows that you’ve done your job, you give people the confidence to take risks knowing that there is someone to protect them, and you act as the backstop in the case of a once in a lifetime catastrophic event like a terrorist attack or natural disaster. While all these things are true, they are very hard to qualify and quantify.
The good news? You don’t need these variables to make your case, but you can definitely make a case based on the more mundane incidents that happen all the time.
Join this webinar as we walk you through the exercise of qualifying and quantifying what you do every day to keep your organization protected from security risks. We will help you clearly communicate the source and magnitude of the value of security investments to your leadership, giving them the confidence that you will get that return!
Topic(s): Enterprise Security Risk Management (ESRM); Integration of Physical & Cyber Security; Physical & Operational Security
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Identify the incident types that contribute to the greatest impacts and loss for your organization, including both physical and cyber incidents.
- Calculate the potential return of your organization’s current investment in security by understanding the greatest risks to your organization and the likelihood of those risks.
- Get the data and dollar values you need to prove the case for further security investments that will reduce incidents and their impacts, ensuring that incident volumes don't increase as your organization grows.
- Learn how and why you should be collaborating with your IT Security team in assessing risks, given the increasing prevalence of hybrid physical-cyberattacks.
- Understand the benefits of using security tools to meet your organizational and team objectives more efficiently.
Level: Professional Level
Jeff Sieben leads the IT Security Council (ITSC), which is made up of members passionate about IT, Security, and CyberSecurity Management. During the day he works in the security industry, and he is focused on solving security industry problems with software. He has consulted to over 250 companies ranging from one-person security teams, to global security teams--guards to CSOs/CISOs--with some of the world's largest companies. He is currently focused on helping retired law enforcement and military members mature in their knowledge of Risk Management in business.
Tim McCreight is the Manager, Corporate Security - Cyber for the City of Calgary. He brings over 35 years of experience in the security industry and is recognized as one of North America’s leading Enterprise Security Risk Management (ESRM) evangelists. Throughout his career, Tim has held executive positions at several organizations, notably as the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) for the Government of Alberta, and as the Director, Enterprise Information Security for Suncor Energy Services Inc. He is a security practitioner, volunteer leader, and unabashed dog lover.