The new ASIS Private Security Officer Selection and Training (PSO) Guideline (ASIS PSO-2019) provides recommendations for establishing and managing a program for the selection and training of private security officers. Applicable to both proprietary and contract security, the guideline focuses on three key areas of a private security officer selection and training program—its development, implementation, and improvement.
This webinar will provide an overview of the guideline, including:
- Background and purpose
- Establishment of policies and procedures
- Assignment of roles and responsibilities
- Allocation of resources to the program
- Setting vetting and selection criteria
- Private security officer training and competencies
- Program evaluation and improvement
Participants will also hear recommendations on how to implement the guideline at their organization.
This webinar is free and open to all. Learn more about ASIS membership.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Describe key components of the PSO Guideline
- Cite organizational benefits to implementing the PSO Guideline
- Evaluate implementation readiness for the PSO Guideline
Charles “Chuck” Baley
Chief Security Officer
Farmers Group, Inc.