Attention ASIS members: For an additional $50 off the registration fee, please use Promo Code: SSC50
Earn up to 10 CPEs
This popular, one-day intensive program is presented by leading technical and management security consultants. The course is designed to show you how to develop, market, and deliver security consultant services and how to avoid the costly mistakes that can sabotage the success of your clients’ or your own security program. Download program pdf.
Sponsored by the International Association of Professional Security Consultants (IAPSC), it is offered as a standalone program and as a pre-conference workshop at the 34th IAPSC Annual Conference.
- Learn the key steps for establishing your security consultant practice
- Identify costly mistakes that can sabotage your business and learn how to avoid them
- Gain practical information that will give you an advantage when competing for consulting assignments
- Learn how to market yourself for success
Who Should Attend
- Professionals considering starting a security consulting practice now or in the future
- Practicing security consultants
- System integrators
- Internal consultants (management and technical)
- Systems designers, specifiers, engineers, and architects
- Security professionals (corporate and government)
- Law enforcement professionals
The program is filled with practical information on how to offer and deliver security consulting assignments starting with establishing your practice, finding clients, and networking with other consultants. Executing security management and technical aspects of consulting, from the initial consulting assignment through security assessments, designs and specifications, procurement, and implementation are covered.
"If you’ve ever toyed with the idea of becoming a security consultant, this program is for you. Taught by some of the most successful consultants in the business, you’ll find out exactly what you need to know to begin charting your course"
Rene Rieder Jr., CMAS, CHS-IV, CPP, PSP, Associate Principal at Arup
Hotel, Fees and Schedule
Konai Kai Resort
1551 Shelter Island Drive
San Diego, CA 92106
Room rates start at $195 per night plus a $10/night resort fee. Make your reservations online or call +1.800.566.2524 and mention you are with the "International Association of Professional Security Consultants."
Delta Air Lines is pleased to offer travel discounts for ASIS International. To take advantage of these travel discounts, book your flights online or call +1.800.328.1111 and refer to meeting event code NMRV2 (Monday-Friday, 7:30 am - 7:30 pm CT).
- NOT ALL FARES ARE ELIGIBLE FOR A DISCOUNT
- Discounts apply to round trip travel only
- Not valid with other discounts, certificates, coupons or promotional offers
- Fare rules will determine eligibility
Please note: There is no service fee for reservations booked and ticketed via our reservation 800 number.
Registration for this program is available through IAPSC. Register at www.regonline.com/iapsc2018
Attendees are invited to both a welcome reception on Saturday, April 28 from 5:00 – 6:30 pm and to a networking reception for all IAPSC Annual Conference participants on April 29 at 5:00 pm.