Earn up to 13.5 CPE CREDITS
Register by 9 February, 2020 and receive $100 off the standard rate.
Fast-track your security career with ASIS International’s certification, the Associate Protection Professional (APP), that is now available to security professionals interested in demonstrating security management expertise and commitment to management and colleagues. If you are looking for a way to systematically assess your current knowledge of security management and prepare for the APP Certification exam, you’ll want to attend ASIS International’s official APP Review Course, developed specifically for security professionals with one to four years of security management experience.
The accelerated two-day review course is designed to provide a high-level overview of the four APP Certification knowledge domains in an environment that facilitates professional knowledge assessments, discussions with colleagues, and guidance from board-certified instructors.
APP Exam Domains
- Security Management Fundamentals
- Business Operations
- Risk Management
- Response Management
- Chart a course for long-term career success
- Assess your knowledge and skill level within each certification domain
- Gain additional insight into the security industry and the skills required to succeed
- Supplement current studying practices with tools and test-taking tips
- Make connections across critical areas of security management and see how they fit together
- Realize the big picture and how individual roles contribute to the organization and profession
- Build relationships with other security professionals to better understand the nuances of the profession
Who Should Attend
The Associate Protection Professional (APP) Board Certification provides the first “rung” on the security manager’s career ladder. It is for those with one to four years of security management experience and measures the professional’s knowledge of security management fundamentals, business operations, risk management, and response management.
Register Today to:
- Review required, recommended, and relevant exam preparation resources
- Review high-level overview of security concepts and practices
- Identify key terms and concepts used within the security industry
- Evaluate what is needed to earn the APP credential
- Build your skills across all aspects of the exam knowledge domains
- Explore learning preferences and how to incorporate them into a self-designed study plan
Early Registration (before 9 February 2019) $625 Member | $825 Nonmember
Standard Registration (after 10 February 2019) $725 Member | $925 Nonmember
Review program schedules, content, faculty, locations, and pricing are subject to change.
Hyatt Regency San Antonio
123 Losoya St
San Antonio, TX 78205
If confirmation of registration and payment has not been received three days prior to the event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Certificates of Attendance
ASIS reserves the right to withhold certificates, if attendance requirements are not met.
While we welcome all registrations, including those on-site, the availability of handout materials cannot be guaranteed.
Business casual is recommended.
Continuing Professional Education (CPE)
Each 50-minutes of instruction is worth one CPE.
Alternate Registration Methods
If you prefer, you can register by phone +1.703.519.6200, fax+1.703.519.6299, or mail.
Cancellation and Transfer Policy
For a full refund or transfer credit, written requests must be received at least 10 days before the start date of the program. Those received less than 10 days prior will be charged a $100 cancellation/transfer fee.
Transfers will be limited to a maximum of two per original registration. No refunds or transfers are made for requests received on or after the start date. Contact us at +1.703.519.6200 or fax your request to ASIS Member Services at +1.703.519.6298.
Tours of Third-Party Sites
When a program includes a visit to or a tour of a third-party site, the host organization may require the use of non-disclosure agreements. Subject to the requirements of the host organization, the agreements offered to nationals and non-nationals of the host country may differ.
Receive a 10% discount when three to five attendees register from the same organization, 15% for six or more. Email email@example.com for details.
ASIS International Event Code of Conduct
ASIS International (“ASIS”) is committed to providing a safe and welcoming experience for all event participants as defined below.
Any participant regardless of:
- Race or ethnicity
- Religion or political affiliation
- Gender, or gender identity or expression
- Sexual orientation, or
- Any other distinguishing characteristic
should feel welcome and safe at any ASIS event.
This Code of Conduct applies to all event attendees, presenters, exhibitors, sponsors, vendors, contractors, other service providers, and ASIS staff (“participant”) at any event, meeting, conference, forum, social event, or meeting-related event, including those sponsored by organizations other than ASIS but held in conjunction with ASIS events in which they participate (an “event”). As such, ASIS expects that participants at events will:
- Remain positive and welcoming to others
- Recognize that an event is a place for diversity of thought, organization, and individuals
- Be inclusive of others
- Be alert and report any discriminatory, harassing, aggressive, or exclusionary behavior or speech immediately to the contacts set forth below
- Respect the specific rules and policies of the event, and
- Otherwise uphold the reputation of ASIS
Unacceptable behavior includes, but is not limited to:
- Intimidating, threatening, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning conduct
- Inappropriate physical contact (e.g., unwelcome sexual advances, groping, sexual assault);
- Physical stalking or written, verbal, or other abuse, or
- Inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images or language in event presentations, or otherwise failing to obey any rules or policies of the venue or ASIS.
Whether such behavior constitutes unacceptable behavior as defined above shall be determined by ASIS and its representatives, in their sole discretion. ASIS takes matters of such unacceptable behavior in any form seriously.