Nominating Committee: Candidate Interest Information
Submissions Due: Friday, 31 May 2019
All candidates must apply through the online portal. Below is important information and a checklist to help you prepare your application.
Thank you for your interest in serving on the ASIS International Nominating Committee. Your information will be held in confidence by ASIS International Headquarters Staff and Volunteer Leaders involved in the selection process.
Three positions are to be elected through this process. They will have staggered terms (one position for a one-year appointment, one position for a two-year appointment, and one position for a three-year appointment). It is anticipated that this committee will meet electronically several times and face-to-face at ASIS HQ in August 2019.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Nominating Committee will identify and select candidates to serve on the Global Board who meet the desired competencies and characteristics identified for the overall composition of the Board and ensure that the selection process is properly implemented as prescribed in the policies and procedures.
Demonstrated ability and desire to listen to others; awareness of ASIS strategic goals, structure and mission; demonstrated interviewing and management supervisory experience; capacity to keep private confidential discussions and candidacies; broad and deep knowledge of current and emerging industry and association leaders. Read more about the Nominating Committee competencies.
In order to be considered for the Nominating Committee, candidates must be available:
- To review Global Board candidate packet during the months of July and August 2019, including up to three teleconferences; and
- To meet face-to-face mid- to late-August at ASIS International HQ (likely week of 19 or 26 of August 2019).
Please note that to ensure complete transparency, and no ability to have an inside track for the Global Board, any successful candidate for the Nominating Committee will not be eligible to apply to serve on the Global Board for a minimum of two years after service on the Nominating Committee.
Thank you for completing the Nominating Committee candidate interest form. Should you have any questions, please contact Judy Keithline, ASIS Senior Executive Assistant, at email@example.com, ASIS President, Christina Duffey, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Peter O’Neil, ASIS CEO, at email@example.com.
Important steps about signing in to apply:
- Go to https://asis.directnominations.net
- Click the “Sign Up Here!” icon to register for the site.
- Enter your first name, last name, email address, (optional) phone number, and create a password.
- Password must be at least 8 characters long, 1 uppercase letter and 1 number.
- Once you have created a password, click the “Register” icon.
- You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org asking you to confirm your email address. Once you confirm your email address, you will be given the option to go back to the login page and log into the DirectNominations site.