ASIS International Global Board of Directors: Candidate Interest Information
Submissions Due: Friday, 14 June 2019
All candidates must apply through the online portal. Below is important information and a checklist to help you prepare your application.
Thank you for your interest in serving on the ASIS International Global Board of Directors. Your information will be held in confidence by ASIS International Headquarters Staff and Volunteer Leaders involved in the selection process.
Six positions are to be appointed through this process. They will have staggered terms (two positions for a one-year appointment, two positions for a two-year appointment, and two positions for a three-year appointment). The Board meets monthly, electronically periodically and face-to-face three times per year in January, June, and September.
Roles & Responsibilities
Provide strategic guidance, high-level oversight, and resource allocation for global direction of the organization. This is the ultimate fiduciary body of the organization, and its primary function is to determine and resource strategy on a global basis.
Comfortable with the concepts of visionary versus operational leadership and how they may be applied to ASIS International globally; demonstrated global perspective and experience; experience in strategy development; budget, profit and loss responsibility; ability to support regional activities in the region in which they work; active decision maker; ability to assess risk and understand risk tolerance; comfortable with general oversight; understand interests of all global security management practitioners. Read more about the Global Board of Directors competencies.
In order to be considered for the Global Board of Directors, candidates must be available:
- Monday 9 September 2019 (during GSX, mid- to late-afternoon)
- October/November 2019 – one conference call and one face-to-face meeting for orientation (dates to be determined)
Should you have any questions, please contact Judy Keithline, ASIS Senior Executive Assistant, at email@example.com, ASIS President, Christina Duffey, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Peter O’Neil, ASIS CEO, at email@example.com.
Important steps about signing in to apply:
- Go to https://asis.directnominations.net
- Click the “Sign Up Here!” icon to register for the site.
- Enter your first name, last name, email address, (optional) phone number, and create a password.
- Password must be at least 8 characters long, 1 uppercase letter and 1 number.
- Once you have created a password, click the “Register” icon.
- You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org asking you to confirm your email address. Once you confirm your email address, you will be given the option to go back to the login page and log into the DirectNominations site.