In late January, ASIS enacted several important changes to its certification program. These updates affect all aspects of the program, from application to testing to recertification.
Applying for CPP, PCI, or PSP exam:
Complete the online application to apply for the CPP, PCI, or PSP.
You will need:
- Your resume and an UNOFFICIAL copy of your university transcript (if applicable).
- The names and contact information for three references who can verify your work experience
- The name of supervisor who can verify your employment
- The application and exam fees
If your application is approved and you fail to schedule and take the exam within the two-year eligibility (candidacy) period, you will forfeit both the application and testing fee.
If Your Application is Denied
If your application is denied for any reason, you will receive a refund of your application fee minus a $100 nonrefundable processing fee.
See the Certification Handbook for submitting an appeal.
Computer-Based Exam Fees
- $300 ASIS members
- $450 nonmembers
- Retake fee: $200
Paper- and Pencil-Based Exams
ASIS offers paper and pencil based exams in Jamaica, Ecuador, Australia, Paraguay, and Panama. Consult the Certification Handbook for information.
Retaking the Exam
You may take the exam three times during your two-year eligibility year. There must be 90 days between each attempt. The fee to retake the exam is $200.
If you fail the exam three times in your two-year eligibility period, you must reapply and pay the full fee.
ASIS exams are offered year-round at Prometric test centers. You may schedule your exam online (preferred) or by phone.
Once ASIS approves your application, you will receive an email with instructions to schedule your exam.
To schedule your exam, you will need:
- Your preferred test center (Go to prometric.com/asis to locate the nearest testing facility)
- Your Eligibility ID, which can be found on your Authorization to Test letter (your ASIS Contact Number or Member ID)
- The first four letters of your last (sur) name
Online Scheduling: www.prometric.com/asis
Scheduling by Phone: Prometric: +1.800.699.4975, Monday – Friday, 8:00 am - 8:00 pm (EST) and Saturday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm (EST)
Once your exam appointment is confirmed, Prometric will send you an email with your exam time and confirmation number. Make sure to print out this letter and bring with you to the test center along with two government-issued photo identifications with signatures (e.g., driver’s license, passport). Social Security cards are not accepted.
If you cancel or reschedule your exam date, Prometric will charge you a reschedule/cancellation fee. This fee will be assessed either at Prometric.com/ASIS if the candidate reschedules or cancels online, or via phone +1.800.699.4975 through Prometric’s customer service.
- If you reschedule or cancel your exam 31 or more days before the scheduled test day, there is no charge.
- If you reschedule or cancel your exam 4-30 days before the scheduled test day, there is a fee of $50 per reschedule. All rescheduling or cancellation fees are to be made directly through Prometric.
- If you are a ‘no show’ and do not adhere to the above procedures, the full candidate testing fee is forfeited and you must submit a certification application to ASIS along with the $200 re-exam fee.
Plan to arrive at the testing center 30 minutes before the scheduled appointment to allow time for check-in procedures. If you will be driving, identify in advance the exact location, the best route, and where to park.
If you arrive more than 15 minutes late, Prometric Testing Center staff may choose not to seat you if doing so would disrupt other exam takers. If this occurs, your exam registration fees will not be refunded. There are no exceptions to this rule.
Make sure you have the following when you arrive at the testing center:
- Two forms of identification, one of which must be a government-issued photo ID (such as a passport or driver’s license).
- Your first and last/surname on your approval letter from ASIS and identifications must match your ID EXACTLY. This includes abbreviated or hyphenated names.
- Both ID forms must include your signature. (A Social Security card is not an acceptable form of identification.)
- Prometric Confirmation Email and Number (from the email you get when you schedule your exam).
- If you are testing outside your country of citizenship, you must present a valid passport. If you are testing in your country of citizenship, you may present a passport, driver’s license, national ID, or military ID. Expired IDs will not be accepted.
If you fail to bring the proper identification, you will not be allowed to take the exam and will forfeit the exam fee.
If you fail to cancel or reschedule your exam, you will be considered a “no show” and all testing fees will be forfeited. If an emergency prevents you from taking the exam, consult the Certification Handbook for instructions.
What to Bring and Not Bring
All personal items such as purses, book bags, cell phones, etc., must be placed in a locker during the exam, so please limit what you bring to the testing center.
Jewelry outside of wedding and engagement rings is prohibited and all hair accessories are subject to inspection. The Certification Handbook lists other items not allowed in the test center.
You will receive a preliminary score once you have submitted your exam (those taking a paper and pencil exam will receive there results four to six weeks after the exam). Remember to request a copy of your score report before leaving the test center.
ASIS will email your official exam results approximately three weeks after the test date.
Consult the Certification Handbook for information on how the exams are scored.
If severe weather, natural disaster, or other such incidents make a testing center inaccessible or unsafe, your exam may be rescheduled or cancelled (at no cost to you). To check on your testing center, please check the Prometric site closure website at https://www.prometric.com/en-us/pages/siteclosure.aspx.