Stephen Cooper OBE, Head of Security for the Olympic Park and Village, will speak on securing major events at the ASIS 11th European Security Conference & Exhibition which will take place in London on 15-17 April 2012.
Stephen Cooper was appointed Head of Security for the Olympic Park and Olympic Village in January 2012. He is responsible for all aspects of perimeter security, searching and screening and, in conjunction with other LOCOG functional areas, for venue security. Prior to joining LOCOG he was the ODA Head of Security where his responsibilities included: security design in venues; delivering security perimeter systems and infrastructure; and all aspects of corporate and Park operational security.
Stephen served in the Army for 24 years. His career comprised mainly of bomb disposal, weapon intelligence and other counter terrorist appointments.
The ASIS 11th European Security Conference & Exhibition is expected to attract between 500 and 700 senior security executives from all over Europe and the world.
The event will kick off on Sunday 15 April with the First time attendees and new members reception. It will continue on 16 and 17 April with 44 high-level educational sessions divided over 4 parallel tracks. Featured speakers are:
- Baroness Angela Harris of Richmond, Deputy Speaker of the House of Lords and
Patron of ASIS UK Chapter 208
- Bernard Hogan-Howe QPM, Commissioner of the London Metropolitan Police
- Adrian Kendry, Senior Defence Economist and Head of Defence and Security
Economics, Political Affairs and Security Policy Division, NATO HQ
- James Brokenshire MP, UK Minister for Crime and Security
- Sir Ian Andrews, Chairman of the Serious Organised Crime Agency (SOCA)
The programme includes:
- Sessions on professional skills and certification, convergence of physical and
information security and international standards;
- Sessions dedicated to Chief Security Officers (CSOs) organised by the CSO
Roundtable of ASIS International;
- An enlarged exhibition featuring the latest in security technology and services;
- Unrivalled networking opportunities at the President's Reception, business lunches
and networking breaks.
- A spectacular closing reception at the House of Lords, organised by the ASIS UK
Chapter and hosted by Baroness Angela Harris of Richmond
For information about the ASIS 11th European Security Conference & Exhibition and to register please visit www.asisonline.org/london or contact the ASIS EMEA Bureau at email@example.com or +32 (0)2 645 26 74