ASIS International, the preeminent organization for security management professionals worldwide, is pleased to announce that Lisa DuBrock, CPA, Managing Partner, Radian Compliance; Glen Kitteringham, CPP, President, Kitteringham Security Group, Inc.; Bryan Leadbetter, CPP, Director of Corporate Security, Bausch and Lomb; Jose Miguel Sobrón, Officer in Charge, Crisis Management Support Unit, United Nations; and Allison Wylde, Assistant Professor, London Metropolitan University Business School, have been named to the 2012 ASIS Commission on Standards and Guidelines. The Commission advances the practice of security management through the development of standards and guidelines within a voluntary, nonproprietary and consensus-based process, utilizing the knowledge, experience and expertise of ASIS membership, security professionals and the global security industry.
Lisa DuBrock is a compliance professional with more than 20 years’ experience including serving as a compliance officer for a major banking institution, director of business continuity planning for a financial services organization, and as an IT and operational audit manager for multi-national organizations. For the past five years, she has been heavily involved in implementing and providing internal audit services for various ISO and non-ISO management system standards. DuBrock has completed the ASIS International RABQSA-RES Resilience Lead Auditor Certification Course.
Glen Kitteringham, CPP, has more than 20 years’ security management experience including investigating employee theft and insurance fraud and establishing a national security program for a global property management company. He holds a master’s degree in Security & Crime Risk Management from the University of Leicester and is a board certified CPP. Kitteringham is the 2011 recipient of the ASIS International E.J. Criscuoli Jr. Volunteer Leadership Award.
Brian Leadbetter, CPP, has more than 30 years’ experience in government, law enforcement, and corporate security. His career includes service as a military police officer in the Air Force and various assignments in police services, nuclear security, and special operations. Leadbetter is a graduate of the US Army Counterterrorism School and the Senior Security Executive Leadership Program at Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Management. He is a certified fraud examiner, NY State certified police instructor, and an adjunct professor for Rochester Institute of Technology’s graduate program in multi-disciplinary studies.
Jose Miguel Sobrón is the officer in charge of the Crisis Management Support Unit for the United Nation’s Department of Safety and Security. In this capacity, he develops plans and policies to implement an Organizational Resilience Management System at UN Headquarters in connection with the main Agencies, Funds, and Programs of the United Nations. He holds an Industrial and Clinical master’s degree in Psychology and another in Engineering and Telecommunications. Sobrón is a certified business continuity manager and auditor.
Allison Wylde has twenty years management experience including responsibilities for motorcycle-trackside safety and security. She leads an MSc in project management for security professionals, a student security-safety program, and researches security strategy and management. Wylde co-chairs the ASIS Physical Asset Protection Standards Committee.
“These new members bring a diverse range of knowledge, experience, and expertise to the Commission,” said ASIS Commission Chairman F. Mark Geraci, CPP, vice president and chief security officer at Purdue Pharma L.P., “I look forward to working with all the Commission members this year as we continue to address industry needs through the development and promulgation of security-related standards and guidelines.”
Returning Commission members are:
· Commission Chairman F. Mark Geraci, CPP, Vice President and Chief Security Officer,
Purdue Pharma, L.P.
· Commission Vice Chairman Michael Knoke, CPP, Director of Corporate Security, Express Scripts, Inc.
· Charles A. Baley, Head of Group Security America, Farmers Insurance Group, Inc.
· Jason L. Brown, National Security Director, Thales Australia
· Steven K. Bucklin, President/CEO, Glenbrook Companies, Inc.
· John C. Cholewa III, CPP, President, Mentor Associates, LLC
· Cynthia P. Conlon, CPP, President, Conlon Consulting Corp.
· Michael A. Crane, CPP, Executive Vice President & General Counsel, IPC International Corp.
· William J. Daly, Senior Vice President and Practice Leader, Control Risks Security Consulting
· Eugene F. Ferraro, CPP, PCI, CFE, CEO, Business Controls, Inc.
· Bernard D. Greenawalt, CPP, Vice President, Securitas Security Services USA, Inc.
· Robert W. Jones, Operations Director, Socrates Ltd.
· Dr. Marc H. Siegel, Commissioner, ASIS Global Standards Initiative
· Roger D. Warwick, CPP, Managing Director, Pyramid International