ASIS International, the preeminent organization for security management professionals worldwide, is pleased to announce that Charles A. Baley, head of Group Security Americas, Zurich Services of the Americas and Bernard D. Greenawalt, CPP, vice president, Securitas Security Services USA, Inc., have been named to the ASIS Commission on Standards and Guidelines. The Commission advances the practice of security management through the development of standards and guidelines within a voluntary, nonproprietary and consensus-based process, utilizing the knowledge, experience and expertise of ASIS membership, security professionals and the global security industry.
Charles A. Baley has over 35-years of experience in security/risk management and investigative services in both the public and private sectors. He is the Head of Group Security Americas, Zurich Services of the Americas, with responsibility for all security, investigative and protective service responsibilities in the Americas. A member of the CSO Roundtable, Baley also serves on the ASIS Workplace Violence Prevention and Intervention (WVPI) Standard Committee, where he chairs the working group on preparedness and prevention.
Bernard D. Greenawalt, CPP, has over 38-years of management experience with Securitas Security Services. In his current role, he is responsible for managing the development of sales proposals and marketing strategy for potential national clients. Greenawalt chaired the ASIS Committee that developed the revised Private Security Officer Selection and Training Guideline and he is a member of the Workplace Violence Prevention and Intervention (WVPI) Standard Committee.
“Addressing the security needs of the industry through the development and promulgation of security-related standards and guidelines is essential in increasing security best practices and solutions,” said ASIS Commission Chairman F. Mark Geraci, CPP, vice president and chief security officer at Purdue Pharma L.P. “Both Bernie and Chuck are very active contributing members in ASIS’ Standards and Guidelines Committees and bring a wealth of security knowledge, skill and experience to the Commission.”
Returning Commission members are:
- Commission Chairman F. Mark Geraci, CPP, Vice President and Chief Security Officer, Purdue Pharma, L.P.
- Commission Vice Chairman Michael Knoke, CPP, Director of Corporate Security, Express Scripts Inc.
- Jason L. Brown, National Security Director, Thales Australia
- Steven K. Bucklin, President/CEO, Glenbrook Security Services Inc.
- John C. Cholewa III, CPP, President, Mentor Associates, LLC
- Cynthia P. Conlon, CPP, President, Conlon Consulting Corp.
- Michael A. Crane, CPP, Executive Vice President & General Counsel, IPC International Corp.
- William J. Daly, Senior Vice President and Practice Leader, Control Risks Security Consulting
- Eugene F. Ferraro, CPP, PCI, CFE; CEO, Business Controls Inc.
- Robert W. Jones, Operations Director, Socrates Ltd.
- John F. Mallon, CPP, Mallon & Associates, LLC
- Dr. Marc H. Siegel, Commissioner, ASIS Global Standards Initiative
- John E. Turey, CPP, Manager, Corporate Security & BCP, ITT Corporation
- Roger D. Warwick, CPP, Managing Director, Pyramid International