Joseph R. (“Bob”) Granger, CPP, will serve as president in 2010 of ASIS International, the preeminent organization for security management professionals worldwide. Granger, Security Director, United Space Alliance in Cape Canaveral, Fla., succeeds Michael R. Cummings, CPP, who will become ASIS chairman of the board.
In their leadership positions, both Granger and Cummings will also serve on the Board Management Committee of the Board of Directors. The Board Management Committee directs the activities of ASIS between meetings of the full Board. These volunteer leaders maintain the strategic continuity to the programs, products and services ASIS provides. The full 2010 ASIS Board Management Committee is comprised of five people:
- Joseph R. (“Bob”) Granger, CPP
- Raymond T. O’Hara, CPP, President-elect; Senior Vice President, Andrews International; Palm Desert, Calif.
- Eduard J. Emde, CPP, Treasurer; Manager Consultancy for Interseco; The Hague, The Netherlands.
- Geoffrey T. Craighead, CPP, Secretary; Vice President, Universal Protection Services; Santa Ana, Calif.
- Michael R. Cummings, CPP, Chairman of the Board; Director of Loss Prevention Services for Aurora Health Care; Milwaukee, Wis.
The office of the Secretary was filled through an election by the 2010 Board of Directors on Sept. 21 at the ASIS International 55th Annual Seminar and Exhibits, held in Anaheim, Calif., Sept. 21-24.
In August, four members were re-elected to serve on the 13-member Board of Directors for the 2010-2012 term. They are:
- Marene Allison, Vice President of Security, Medco; Franklin Lakes, N.J.
- David C. Davis, CPP, Director, Division Security for Northrop Grumman; San Bernadino, Calif.
- Richard E. Widup Jr., CPP, Senior Director, Security Operations/Corporate Security for Purdue Pharma LP; Stamford, Conn.
In addition, one new member was elected in August to serve on the Board of Directors for the 2010-2012 term. He is:
- Joseph H. McDonald, CPP, PSP, Switch Communications Group; Las Vegas, Nev.
The following members continue to serve on the ASIS Board of Directors:
- Chad Callaghan, CPP, Vice President, Enterprise Loss Prevention, Marriott International Inc.; Washington, D.C.
- Kaj Moller, Corporate Security Manager, Novo Nordisk; Bagsvaerd, Denmark.
- Dave N. Tyson, CPP, Senior Director of Information Security, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Planning, eBay; San Jose, Calif.
- Richard Y. Yamamoto, CPP, Director, Corporate Security and Safety, Fannie Mae; Washington, D.C.
ASIS Board members serve a three-year term. The newly elected Board and officers will assume their positions on Jan. 1, 2010.