ASIS International (ASIS) welcomes the professional editorial staff of relevant trade publications, print, and broadcast media to attend ASIS educational programs. ASIS will provide approved media representatives fair and equal access to Society activities and participants as far as time and circumstances permit. However, if an event is designated as a "closed meeting," either due to content or by request of speakers or participants, media will not be allowed access.
Complimentary press registration and credentials are extended to qualified media upon receipt of a request for press credentials. Requests can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to maintain the fairness and integrity of complimentary press registration for ASIS events, the following guidelines have been put into place by ASIS Public Relations. Members of the press must adhere to one or more of the following:
- Employed by a known media source, or earning primary income from journalistic endeavors (i.e., freelancers).
- In possession of a letter (in English) signed by the senior editor of publication, indicating representation for the specific purpose of covering the event.
- Print media published at least four times a year (quarterly).
- Known to ASIS Public Relations staff as a bonafide "working" member of the press.
- Listing in one or more media source publications, e.g., Bacon's, Hudson's, etc.
- Evidence of by-lined articles in the publication represented.
- Recognizing that smaller publications often require staff to "wear many hats" (i.e., crossover of responsibilities between editorial and advertising), ASIS Public Relations may extend credentials as deemed appropriate.
ASIS reserves the right to refuse admission to any individual(s).
In return for complimentary admission to ASIS functions, ASIS Public Relations requests two copies of published articles about the event covered to be sent within 30 days of publication. Provision of by-lined articles may be used as criterion for extension of press credentials to future events.
Articles should be mailed to:
1625 Prince Street
Alexandria, VA 22314-2818