ASIS chapters will be holding elections for the following positions by 1 December, 2017. To learn how you can get involved, contact your local chapter
- Guide and direct the major functions of the chapter’s operations.
- Preside over all chapter meetings, functions and events.
- Performs the duties normally associated with a CEO of a company.
- Under direction of the RVP and the Board of Directors, performs a wide range of management functions as required to meet the goals and objectives of the chapter and the organization.
- Reporting link between the chapter and the RVP/SRVP/ASIS HQ.
- Use considerable independent judgment in decisions that influence operations at the chapter level to ensure solvency of the chapter and ROI to chapter members.
- Ensure compliance with ASIS chapter activity and financial reporting requirements.
- Appoint chapter committee chairs.
- Preside over all chapter meetings, functions and events when the chapter chair is not in attendance.
Use considerable independent judgment in decisions that influence operations at the chapter level to ensure solvency of the chapter and ROI to chapter members. =
Assist the chair in ensuring compliance with ASIS chapter activity and financial reporting requirements. =
Assist the chair with appointment of chapter committee chairs.
- Keep the minutes of all chapter leadership, committee and special meetings.
- Maintain all official chapter records, including minutes, newsletters, and other official correspondence.
- Request from ASIS HQ and maintain chapter membership roster.
- Authorize use and distribution of the chapter membership roster outside of the chapter executive committee.
- Complete and promptly submit monthly reports using the online chapter activity reporting feature.
- Promptly notify ASIS Headquarters of results of the annual election by submitting the Annual Chapter Officer Questionnaire by 1 December.
- Ensure all necessary correspondence representing the chapter is handled in a timely manner, including, but not limited to Thank You notes to speakers, presenters, special assistance.
- Submission of articles and news regarding chapter activities and events to ASIS Dynamics.
- Submits minutes of the chapter meetings to the newsletter or website each month.
- Receive at all chapter functions and deposit, in an account in the name of the chapter, all monies, securities, funds, and monetary credits of or on behalf of the chapter.
- Receive and safeguard all property and other physical assets owned by the chapter.
- Keep regular accounts of all receipts and disbursements in suitable books provided for that purpose. The records should be available for inspection by all officers and chapter members in good standing, and duly authorized representatives of ASIS International.
- Disburse chapter funds upon approval and direction of the Chapter executive committee.
- Report on the financial status of the chapter at chapter meetings as requested by the Chapter Chair.
- Ensure compliance with all Internal Revenue filing requirements as set forth in ASIS Policy Guide 4015. (U.S. Chapter’s Only)
- Treasurers for chapters outside the U.S. will ensure compliance with all financial regulations and laws for their specific country and/or locality.
- Ensure that all required annual financial reports are filed with ASIS HQ using the online compliance reporting feature.
ASIS Foundation Liaison:
- Act as the chapter point of contact for the ASIS Foundation.
- Promote foundation scholarships and awards to the chapter membership.
- Manage the submission of nomination forms and paper work for Foundation
scholarships and awards.
- Manage chapter donations to the ASIS Foundation.
- Promote ASIS Certifications to the chapter membership.
- Develop and manage chapter certification review programs.
- Assist certification candidates with the certification application and exam scheduling
- Provide chapter newsletter team with chapter specific certification news (newly
certified members, review programs, changes to ASIS certification policies and
Chapter Newsletter Editor:
- Manage the production and distribution of the chapter newsletter.
- Oversight of all newsletter content.
- Preferably a current member of an ASIS Council.
- Stay informed of latest council news and initiatives. Report relevant developments to
chapter membership at the monthly meetings or through the chapter
- Promote council membership to other chapter members.
Law Enforcement Liaison:
- Act as the chapter’s primary point of contact for law enforcement officials.
- Promote private and public partnerships, and information sharing with local law
- Assist the chapter program and events chair with the planning of any law enforcement
appreciation/recognition programs and events.
- Promote ASIS International to law enforcement professionals.
- Stay informed of the latest policy issues affecting the security industry both locally and
- Report to the chapter membership at meetings or through the chapter
Membership Committee Chairperson:
- Assist the Chapter Secretary with managing the chapter membership roster and
- Develop and manage membership recruitment efforts.
- Develop and manage membership retention efforts.
- Welcome new members to the chapter.
- Remain current with the latest membership news and any changes to ASIS membership
Mentorship Program Chairperson:
- Develop and manage your chapter’s Mentoring Security Leaders Program using the
resources developed by the ASIS Leadership & Management Practices Council.
- Identify mentors and protégés to take part in the program.
- Assist mentors and protégés with necessary program documentation and evaluation
Military Liaison Chair:
- Identify and recruit military personnel for ASIS membership.
- Work with the chapter’s program chair to develop military/public to private transition
relevant education sessions.
- Apprise chapter leaders/members of Military Liaison Council produced resources.
- Assist with identifying mentors/protégés to participate in the chapter’s mentoring
- Seek out job opportunities to promote to the chapter membership.
- Assist chapter members looking for employment.
- Develop content for the chapter’s employment services section of the website or
- Utilize ASIS International Career Center Website as a resource to assist local members.
- Assist the Chair and Vice Chair with chapter meeting scheduling and planning.
- Manage all speaker scheduling and relations.
- Plan and manage chapter education programs, seminars, exhibits, networking, and
- Survey chapter members to determine interests and identify relevant topics for chapter
Sergeant at Arms:
- Chapter meeting logistics (Set-up, Sign-in, “timekeeper”, etc.).
- Manage chapter inventory and equipment (banners, displays, etc.).
- Enforce chapter rules and regulations.
- Manage and update content for the chapter website.
- Ensure the website is updated regularly in order to provide relevant information to the
- Seek out ways to enhance the chapter’s web presence in order to better serve the local
Women in Security Liaison:
- Identify and recruit other individuals in the WIS group to join the initiative.
- Plan and coordinate WIS social and networking events for the WIS group.
- Work with the chapter Program Chair to develop WIS related education sessions
(leadership development, career services, etc.)
Young Professionals Liaison:
- Identify and recruit other individuals in the YP age group to join the initiative
- Plan and coordinate YP social and networking events for the YP group.
- Work with the chapter Program Chair to develop YP related education sessions
(leadership development, career services, etc.)