The proliferation of mobile devices has had a huge impact on almost every aspect of our lives. With more than 2 billion smartphone users around the world--and that number expected to rise to 6.1 billion by 2020--these devices have and will continue to change the way we live and work.
As mobile capabilities change user habits and expectations in our personal lives, they drive expectations of our interactions at work as well. These expectations have created an opportunity to profoundly transform how security professionals view physical identity and access management with the introduction of mobile access technology – extending physical security policies and procedures well beyond the immediate task of access control.
What can you do with mobile PIAM you might ask?
- Extend control wherever there is a need
- Sporting and Event Venues
- Corporations with an outside venue
- Locations without the ability to have a brick and mortar access control system
- Temporary spaces
- Disaster and recovery mustering
Join experts from Quantum Secure, part of HID Global, as we explore the world of mobile PIAM and what it means for physical security professionals. Key takeaways you don’t want to miss:
- How is mobile PIAM defined and best understood?
- The impact mobile PIAM will have on physical identity and access management
- The future of mobile PIAM – how the evolving technology will present new opportunities.
- Future-proofing your security infrastructure