Subscriber Fee: $0
About the Webinar
In this 90-minute webinar, attendees will be re-introduced to ASIS's Mentoring Security Leaders program. All ASIS International members are invited to attend.
Mentoring Security Leaders Program
This program is based on a successful career development method, whereby ASIS members are matched with experienced ASIS colleagues for guidance and professional advice. Participants will gain knowledge and experience they can implement immediately in dealing with different types of business scenarios.
This program is for people at all levels in their career, who may want some specialized help in a particular skill or competency or want to change their industry or role. The Mentor/Protégé relationship also provides a conduit for comprehension of the requirements for advancement towards future career paths within the security field.
- Promote leadership and career development
- One-on-one mentor-protégé relationship
- Mentors share their experiences and advice on career advancement, professional visibility, networking, and overcoming barriers to career success
- Get invaluable, confidential executive coaching at no cost, as well as career advice along with essential skills for the business world
- Develop key leadership traits and their applications that could lead to enhanced individual and organizational growth and improvement
- Key insights on team building, human capital, and advancing industry best practices
- Mentors will encourage "9" CEUs towards their certification renewal
About the Speakers
Bonnie Michelman, CPP, CHPA
Bonnie has extensive leadership and security management experience in diverse industries. She currently is the Director of Police, Security and Outside Services at Massachusetts General Hospital, and the Security Consultant for Partners Healthcare Inc. Boston, Massachusetts.
Bonnie served as ASIS President in 2001, Chairman of the Board in 2002, and Foundation President from 2003-2005. She is Past President (2008 and 1995) and Chairman of the Board for IAHSS. She serves on the Board of Directors of the IHSSF (International Healthcare Security & Safety Foundation) and is an Instructor at Northeastern University, College of Criminal Justice, Graduate and Undergraduate program. She was appointed by DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano to the Homeland Security Advisory Council (HSAC).
David J. Gibbs, CPP
David is the founder and President at Gibbs Associates, Inc. Recently, Mr. Gibbs served as the ASIS International Council Vice President, and as the Member of the Board of Directors for IAHSS Foundation. Prior to this he served as the Chairman of the ASIS International Leadership & Management Council where he was a contributing author of the "Mentoring Security Leaders Program." He has served for two terms on the ASIS International Foundation Board of Trusties. He has also served on the Ethics & Standards and Strategic Planning advisory groups, Crime / Loss Prevention, and Healthcare Councils. Previously he served on the U.S. Olympic Advisory Committee. He is Board Certified in Security Management and has the designation of a CPP.