How do I register?
At the present time, there are two steps in the Standards Competency Exam process:
- Step 1: Purchase the exam through the ASIS store.
- Step 2: Study and log on to take the exam.
Who should I contact if I have problems purchasing the exam?
Please contact member services at +1.703.519.6200
Who should I contact if I cannot login to take the exam?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any issues with logging in.
Are there prerequisites for taking an ASIS Standard Competency Exam?
- There are no prerequisites. However, the purpose of each exam is to learn the principles of the Standard being assessed. Therefore, a thorough review of the Standard is recommended before taking the exam.
What is the value of an ASIS Standard Competency Exam?
The ASIS Standards Competency Exams have value for:
- ASIS certificants who earned their designations prior to 2012 who want to test their knowledge of the ASIS Standards. Prior to 2012, the Certification Exams did not include questions covering the ASIS Standards. Today, Certification Exams do test this knowledge.
- Individuals who are studying for an upcoming ASIS Certification Exam. Questions related to the ASIS Standards are now an integral part of the exams.
- Individuals who want to test or demonstrate their knowledge of industry standards and best practices to employers (or themselves)
- ASIS certificants who want to review the standards and earn CPE recertification credit.
What is the fee?
The fee for a Standards Competency Exam is $25. You may retake the exam as many times as you like for this fee.
Am I required to take the Competency Exams?
No. The Standards Competency Exams are taken voluntarily by anyone who would like to ensure that he/she understands the ASIS Standards.
Will I receive CPE credits?
Yes, each Certificate of Completion represents 3 CPE recertification credits.
How many questions are on the exam?
Each Competency Exam contained 30 multiple choice items.
How much time will I have to take the exam?
90 minutes or 1.5 hours
Can I take a Standards Competency Exam in another language?
At this time, the exams are only available in English.
Can I save and return during a Standards Competency Exam?
- No, you must complete the exam in one sitting. You may retake the exam as many times as you wish. However, you must wait one week in between attempts.
When will I receive my exam score?
The system will automatically grade your exam and you will receive the score automatically upon completion of the exam.
Can I review the questions and incorrect answers after taking the exam?
What is the passing score?
A passing score on an ASIS Certificate Exam is currently 75%.
When can I retake a Standards Competency Exam if I do not pass?
You may retake the exam as many times as you wish. However, you must wait one week in between attempts.