Attendees of ASIS 2013 and the (ISC)2 Security congress will get answers to their career-related questions and challenges, and learn how to best position themselves on the job and in leadership roles, at the 2nd Annual ASIS and (ISC)2 Career Pavilion. Sponsored by the University of Phoenix, the Pavilion will feature free career coaching and resume reviews, education sessions, and career services.
“We launched the Career Pavilion at ASIS 2012 and were overwhelmed by the positive response,” said Geoffrey T. Craighead, CPP, president, ASIS International. “This year, thanks to the generous support of the University of Phoenix, in addition to ASIS and (ISC)2 members and volunteer leaders, we are pleased to offer attendees even more services—free of charge.”
Education sessions include
- A panel of CSOs and Deputies, including Mike Howard, Microsoft; Don Knox, CPP, Caterpillar; and Tyson Johnson, CPP, of ATS Automation, sharing their "path to the top" stories.
- Employers including Jerold A. Ramos, AlliedBarton and Bernie Greenawalt, CPP, Securitas Security Services USA, discussing "in-demand skillsets"
- Former law enforcement and military professionals answering questions and sharing "lessons learned" from their transition to private security.
- Interviewing tips and cover letter and resume advice sessions, from industry expert Kimberly Schneiderman, City Career Services.
- “Hack the Hustle - Career Strategies for Information Security Professionals” will offer ideas for infosec professionals just entering the workforce, mid-career security professionals, and former hackers alike.
In addition, each day attendees can take advantage of free career coaching and resume review services. View full schedule of activities.
The pavilion is open to all attendees of ASIS 2013 and the (ISC)2