Physical Security Principles is meant to serve three purposes: 1) a valuable desk reference on aspects of the practice of physical security; 2) an appropriate text for college and CTE (career and technical education) courses related to physical security; and 3) a comprehensive reference for those interested in obtaining a certification in physical security.
Each of the book’s four sections offers practical, real-world tools for planning and implementing physical security in contemporary society:
- Part I deals with underlying concepts of security risk management and how they translate into effective and efficient security practices
- Part II gives an overview of design principles and practices
- Part III addresses specific tools and techniques within the framework of structural, electronics, and human means collaborating to satisfy protection objectives
- Part IV focusses on project management aspects of security in both principle and practice
- Appendices define key security terms and address special considerations for high-rise buildings
The breadth and depth of this manual will appeal to those with a responsibility for physical security within their organization as well as veteran security professionals seeking to enhance their skills or pursuing professional credentials through certification. View Table of Contents (PDF).
Available in the ASIS store in hardcover and softcover.