The U.S. Department of Homeland Security seeks to bring in one or more Loaned Executive(s) to work with the Science and Technology Directorate to assess, advise, and provide recommendations from industry best practices and lessons learned on commercialization of research and development ideology and technology efforts.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Loaned Executive Program provides an opportunity for top executive-level talent to assist in improving the U.S. homeland security enterprise. Executives in the program will:
- Serve as a subject matter expert and senior advisor to DHS leadership.
- Evaluate and provide assessments on existing policies, procedures, and training.
- Provide guidance on the public-private partnership model and implementation of strategies designed to improve private sector engagement.
By serving as a loaned executive, you will have an opportunity to make a meaningful difference. The position is a six-month assignment with the option for a six-month renewal.
Eligible candidates must:
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Serve in a current senior-level operational management or related position, with a track record of building support for and influencing policy decisions as well as deploying sustainable risk, mitigation and resiliency capabilities.
- Have extensive private sector leadership experience in identifying and screening personnel in functional areas related to risk assessment, mitigation/preparedness and incident response.
- Undergo and successfully complete a background investigation for determination of suitability for federal employment. Each position description will identify the requisite clearance level.
- Submit a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE Form 450).
Initial appointments are made for a period of at least three months and no more than one year. The loaned executive may be reappointed for additional periods with the total appointment not to exceed two years. Candidates will complete an orientation and training program before their assignment begins.
The deadline for applications is April 8.
For details or to review the position description, visit the DHS Loaned Executive Program website: https://www.dhs.gov/loaned-executive-program