Findings of this newly released survey by Securitas Security Services USA finds Cyber/Communications Security to be the top security threat facing corporations in 2014, followed by Workplace Violence, Business Continuity Planning, Employee Selection/Screening and Privacy Concerns. Published every two years, the Top Security Threats and Management Issues Survey has become an industry standard and is often used by corporate security management in a wide range of industry sectors for security-related data when making decisions relative to security planning.
Other key highlights include:
Top security management challenges
1. Training Effectiveness/ Methods for Security Staffing Effectiveness
2. Promoting Employee Awareness
3. Budget/Maximizing Return on Investment
4. Regulatory/Compliance Issues (e.g. OSHA, C-TPAT, state/federal legislation, etc)
5. Keeping up with Technological Advances
The funding outlook for corporate security programs over the next three to five years reflects that 29% of security managers are expecting an increase in funding in 2014. The percentage of security managers expecting budgets to remain the same is 55% in 2014, while the percentage of managers anticipating decreased funding is 14% in 2014.
View the full report