Jeffrey D. Zwirn, CPP
The Alarm Science Manual
is an authoritative peer reviewed forensic treatise on security systems. It offers scientific advice and advanced methodologies to help alarm companies minimize liability, while providing customers with the most advanced, effective, and reliable security systems available.
Jeffrey Zwirn's book is both unique and necessary—necessary for leaders and owners in the industry. In terms of maximizing company value and minimizing threats to the owner, this book should be required reading for every manager of design/installation, and suggested reading for everybody else. The book is unique in that it goes beyond the obvious, beyond the sales pitch, even beyond the technology and brings the reader face to face with the consequences of poor decisions (loss, deaths, and lawsuits). What was promised, what was installed, what were the results, and ultimately, what happens next.
Few people have had as much expertise in forensically investigating electronic security and fire alarm systems as nationally recognized alarm expert and industry veteran Jeffrey D. Zwirn, CPP. For over 40 years, he has been immersed in all aspects of owning and operating an alarm contracting practice including performing security surveys and needs analysis, providing recommendations, as well as the sales, design, installation, programming, inspection, service, repair, maintenance, testing, and monitoring of thousands of security and alarm systems.
- Provides scientific advice and advanced methodologies to help minimize liability, while providing customers with the most advanced, effective, and reliable security systems available
- Peer reviewed by alarm, security, and legal experts
- Utilized by the New York City Police Department (NYPD)
- Forensic knowledge, advanced methodologies, and countermeasures
- Technical expertise and guidance for professional alarm companies, central stations, central station operators and supervisors, security experts, and local and federal law enforcement