Uniting the best of Michael Fagel’s and Jennifer Hesterman's books in the fields of homeland security and emergency management, this volume presents the prevailing issues affecting the homeland security community today. Many natural and man-made threats can impact our communities—but these well-known and highly respected authors create order from fear, guiding the reader through risk assessment, mitigation strategies, community EOC planning, and hardening measures based upon real-life examples, case studies, and current research in the practice.
As terrorist attacks and natural disasters continue to rock the world, Soft Targets and Crisis Management
emphasizes the vulnerability of soft targets like schools, churches, and hospitals, and presents the methodology necessary to respond and recover in the event of a crisis in those arenas.
- Provides a multi-faceted look at crisis management principles
- Offers community-specific examples for diverse locales and threat centers
- Includes up-to-date case studies on soft target attacks from around the world
- Supplies an all-encompassing, multi-faceted look at crisis management principles and their applications in the real world
- Offers practical examples and methods to give planners ideas on what might work best in their communities
A must-read for security, emergency management, and criminal justice professionals, Soft Targets and Crisis Management: What Emergency Planners and Security Professionals Need to Know
is a crucial text for practitioners seeking to make the world a safer place for others.