Thomas L. Norman, CPP, PSP
This item is currently on back order
2016 Award Winner of the ASIS Security Book of the Year
This new edition of Risk Analysis and Security Countermeasure Selection
presents updated case studies and introduces existing and new methodologies and technologies for addressing present and future threats. It covers risk analysis methodologies approved by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and shows how to apply them to other organizations, public and private. It also helps the reader understand which methodologies are best to use for a particular facility and demonstrates how to develop an efficient security system.
This book gives invaluable insight into the risk analysis process while showing how to use analyses to identify and create the most cost efficient countermeasures. It leads you from a basic to an advanced level of understanding of the risk analysis process. The case studies illustrate how to put each theory into practice, including how to choose and implement countermeasures and how to create budgets that allow you to prioritize assets according to their relative risk and select appropriate countermeasures according to their cost effectiveness.
- Explains the five core principles of the risk analysis lifecycle: determining assets, threats, vulnerabilities, risks, and countermeasures
- Covers and evaluates commonly used Department of Homeland Security-approved risk analysis methods
- Presents a risk analysis methodology that can conform to DHS standards and is applicable to public and private industries
- Demonstrates how to estimate the efficiency of security countermeasures and how to budget according to relative risk and effectiveness
- Teaches concepts in a conversational tone while using case studies for easy understanding