Denise C. Walker, D.B.A.
Clearance: original price $84 member, $92 nonmember
Mass communication in the midst of a crisis must be done in a targeted and timely manner to mitigate the impact and ultimately save lives. Based on sound research, real-world case studies, and the author’s own experiences, Mass Notification and Crisis Communications: Planning, Preparedness, and Systems
helps emergency planning professionals create a crisis communications plan that works by establishing upfront relationships with responders, enacting protocols, and utilizing technology to effectively message the intended audience.
- Explores the history of communications
- Examines international, federal, state, and local regulations related to mass crisis communication
- Enables emergency planning professionals to create a crisis communication plan that works
- Provides case studies to put the material in context
- Includes multiple appendices with supplemental material and a glossary of terminology
Aligned with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s National Emergency Communications Plan—as well as the U.S. strategic plan to improve emergency response communications—this book provides recommendations to key decision makers.