James E. Lukaszewski
Clearance: original price $50 member, $55 nonmember
In this industry-defining book on crisis management and leadership recovery, the author jump-starts the discussion by clearly differentiating a crisis from other business interruption events and introduces a concept rarely dealt with in crisis communication and operational response planning: managing the victim dimension of crisis.
Delivered in his straight-talking style backed with compelling case studies, this new book is your guide to preparing for a crisis and the explosive visibility that comes with it. In 10 chapters of field test how-to’s and to-do’s, Lukaszewski teaches you:
- How crises create victims
- To avoid the toxicity of silence
- To drive attorneys to settle instead of litigate
- Apology is the atomic energy of empathy
- Simple, sensitive, sincere, constructive, positive techniques to reduce contention and to succeed.
This is a must-read for anyone who might be called upon to respond to a crisis in the business environment.
Reviewed in Security Management