Leon A. Beresford, CPP, and Angel Ross, CPP, SPHR
Clearance: original price $99 member, $129 nonmember
In the security industry, hiring new personnel must be based on more than just a gut feeling. Laws and regulations abound, and the repercussions of a bad hire can have serious and damaging consequences. Potential negligence claims, jurisdictional infractions, and irreparable damage to your organization’s reputation are some of the potential consequences you can face by making hasty hiring decisions. Learn how, in the interest of time and cost, you can ensure that you are performing adequate due diligence.
In this webinar, we discuss several HR hiring strategies and industry best practices, including:
- Today’s Security Hiring Landscape
- Relevant Employment Law Issues and Concerns
- ASIS Standard: Pre-employment Background Screening Guidelines
- ASIS Standard: Private Security Officer Selection and Training Guidelines
- Third Party Services and Technology Tools
More than just a discussion of theory, we also explore real, usable techniques that you can implement at all levels, on all timelines, and at all budgets.
Recorded December 4, 2013.
CD box set; 90 minutes. This webinar may be eligible for up to two CPEs.