Stephen J. Page
One of the leading texts in the field, Tourism Management
is the ideal introduction to the fundamentals of tourism. It is written in an engaging style and builds up your understanding as you progress through this wide ranging global review of the principles of managing tourism. It traces the evolution and future development of tourism and the challenges facing tourism managers in this fast growing sector of the world economy. This book is highly illustrated with diagrams and color images, and contains short case studies of contemporary themes of interest, as well as new data and statistics.
- Pro-poor tourism and poverty
- The importance of Brazil, Russia, India, and China (BRIC) Markets
- The growing significance of low cost travel by air and on land
- Tourism and sustainability, which runs throughout the book as a major theme, highlighting the challenge of climate change and future tourism growth
- The growing significance of social media and Web 2.0 in tourism