Lester S. Rosen
The Safe Hiring Manual
is a complete, blueprint detail of how to exercise due diligence throughout the hiring process. This is an ideal tool for employers, Human Resource directors, security professionals, private investigators, employment law attorneys, and background screening firms.
- How to create and establish comprehensive company policies, practices, and procedures to avoid negligent hiring problems and to keep you out of court
- Verify degrees and credentials, and legally obtain and use criminal records
- The best practices associated with all the components of a background check
- In-depth preemployment background screening and investigative techniques
- How to audit your current hiring program
The manual details how to exercise due diligence throughout the hiring process, significantly increasing an employer’s chance of avoiding the financial and legal nightmares of even one bad hiring decision.
What’s New in the 2nd Edition?
- 200+ extra pages
- Analysis on April EEOC Guidance on the use of criminal record by employers
- FCRA Mandated Forms as of January 2013
- Chapter on Social Media Background Checks--legal risks and setting company policies
- Material on lawsuits against employers and screening firms including latest on class action law suits
- Updated and expanded international screening material, I-9, E-Verify, and use of credit reports
Reviewed in Security Management