William G. Parrett
Clearance: original price $29 member, $33 nonmember
What does it take to maintain leadership in today’s turbulent global environment? In The Sentinel CEO, leading executives, security chiefs, and academics provide candid insights into how business-as-usual has changed in the wake of 9/11.
William Parrett, CEO of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu, shares his four decades of expertise to help business leaders, executives, and government officials understand and mitigate risks in this age of globalization. Focusing on two broad issues—the evolution of corporate security and risk management as executive-level strategic functions, as well as the new focus on mastering the unexpected— this book explores:
- The branding dilemma: how U.S. companies are rethinking their image abroad
- Lessons learned: CEOs discuss how their companies are anticipating and coping with terrorist threats and attacks
- Opportunity and risk in China and India
- “Imagining the unimaginable:" how to look more closely at the real and unanticipated dangers of avian influenza
- Safeguarding security, as it pertains to travel, physical facilities, employees, and data
- The newest employee: how the Chief Security Officer is fast becoming a key decision maker in the top management of many U.S. companies and an indispensable ally of the CEO
- The precarious balance between enhancing security and maintaining America’s ability to attract and retain foreign talent and business sustainability
- Sustaining leadership in an age when business is confronted with new risks and challenges as well as unprecedented opportunity.
Reviewed in Security Management